Foxface Trouble

Mackey

Market
Reaction score
Hey ya'll,
My Foxface has occasionally been acting a little funny and it might be nothing. So I went on vacation for about a week and while I was gone my family who was watching the fish texted me pics that the Foxface had been occasionally lying on some live rock in the tank but otherwise was healthy (eating well, swimming fine). I did a water change on it before I left and thought it might be water imbalance, so when I come back I do see him occasionally doing this behavior and I immediately do a water change, he seemed to do it a little less, but he still did it. And then I saw that he had gone behind the filter and almost looked sucked into it, he only did this once. It might just be normal skittish Foxface behavior but I just wanted to make sure if it's not. My water parameters are pretty good (ammonia: 0, nitrite: 0, nitrate: 10-15, ph: 8, salinity: 0.124), he has been eating great! (kinda a pig), has been swimming well, and feces is pretty normal. just wondering why he may be doing this.
Any help greatly appreciated!
Thanks!

Tough to say. When they get scared or sleep - they turn into a mottled color and press up against the rocks or whatever you have in the tank

Back