Frag-a-nomics

geno

Market
Reaction score
How quickly can I add "easy to keep" coral?

Does coral add to the bio load of a tank? I know calcium is needed.

I only have one small coral (frogspawn) now and wonder how fast I can populate my 125g tank?

Currently, I have 2 clowns who are hosting a small rose anenome, a fire shrimp, a sally crab and one sleeper goby (sadly the mate jumped!)

Any suggestions on a good place to get some "easy to keep" colorful corals?

As a novice, I want to be careful not assume responsibility for live I can't sustain.

thanks,
-gene

You are preety much safe adding corals. There is no bioload and heck, with soft corals and most LPS, not too much of any demand on the system.

Yeah, Brandon's right. If your tank is cycled and in good standing, you can fully populate with coral overnight.

Have you tried Petland in Alpharetta? I hear they are nice, but never been. I would also personally recommend Cappuccino Bay in Marietta and Saltwater City in Kennesaw.

BUT, your best bet on nice corals are the ARC meetings. Right before the meetings, everyone gets on here and announces things they will be selling/trading at the meeting, and you can just call dibs on a few things. You can get some killer deals, and meet some nice people. Also, you could do some research at online stores (live aquaria, saltwaterfish, etc) and look for things you like and how to care for them. Then, just find someone here who has it or similar.

Actually, I have some frags that I will give you if you are at the next meeting or in the Marietta area anytime soon. You can have some Fire and Ice zooanthid, Green Star Polyp, and green button polyp if you want. They are easy to keep, and dont need any special feeding, although the button polyps will eat shrimp which is neat to watch.

Can I claim some of the fire and ice? I will pick them up at the next meeting.

Thank You!

Jason

Rockdog;167822 wrote: Can I claim some of the fire and ice? I will pick them up at the next meeting.

Thank You!

Jason

can i get a frag.:D

Back