Frag tank

jbadd99

Market
Reaction score
I'm tossing around the idea of a small (20-40g) frag tank.

I have that lights and tank for it, but what I don't have is pretty much everything else.

Since its such a small tank, I've considered foregoing the skimmer/sump in favor of large water changes (50-75%) every week. I'm also considering a single pump attached to a PVC system instead of powerheads to move the water.

Thoughts on this?

I just did a 40g breeder as a frag tank and used an AC70 and modded it to hold some chaeto. Didn't wanna drill the tank for a sump n this way I get the benefit of the sump, albeit in a small form.

I have my frag tank for sale on the forum. It's two 20g tanks, drilled, with sump and stand. It also comes with a pump and skimmer that are truthfully too large for the system. Maybe you can trade/sell these two items to get what is needed. Anyways, $150.

showthread.php

John, if you can set it up near your display just plumb it into that sump. You will have combinded tanks with the sam water params. I the long run, water wil be more stable and upkeep will be easier. Just my 2 cents.

I'm in the process of gathering equipment for a 40gb frag tank. I'm going to put a small skimmer IN the tank on a riser, to get rid of the need for a sump.

Also, I foresee needing a good ATO to keep salinity strait up constant. The smaller the tank, the faster it will swing.

B

Back