Frags from the meeting.

son of adam

Market
Reaction score
How did others do with your 3 freebies?

My Purple Monti is doing very well. Favia and Merlina look the same today as they did last night. Bones.

Good meeting. A first for me. I will be attending more. Members working the event should get a "High 5"

The monti frags are looking good.

The zoas have yet to open but I can see color and feel comfortable that they will open.

Also I got something that I dont know what it is.

It's yellow tootsie roll shaped the inside is white anyone have any ideas?

I would think that your favia will need some extra time to come around.

Son of Adam-great to meet ya and thanks for sharing pics of your tank.

Anyone know what type/color monti (the one that isn't labeled purple) is? Also, I got a "flowerpot" , but looks more like swiss cheese (holes) in it.

chauwall;288441 wrote: Son of Adam-great to meet ya and thanks for sharing pics of your tank.

Anyone know what type/color monti (the one that isn't labeled purple) is? Also, I got a "flowerpot" , but looks more like swiss cheese (holes) in it.

Nice to meet you also. And thanks again for the great frag!

From Live Aquaria:

The Porites</em> Coral is a small polyp stony (SPS) coral often referred to as the Jeweled Finger, Jewel, or Finger Coral. While the green or yellow branching form is most common, it is found in a variety of shapes and color forms. When expanded, the polyps of the Porites coral give it a very fuzzy appearance. They are a wonderful addition to a reef aquarium, and its yellow color form adds a uniqueness that not many corals have to offer.
Its behavior is peaceful with only very short tentacles, and can generally be placed closer to other peaceful corals in the reef aquarium. The Porites</em> Coral requires a high light level combined with strong water movement. For continued good health, it will also require the addition of calcium, strontium, and other trace elements to the water.
It will benefit from additional food in the form of micro-plankton or other micro-foods in the evening while its testicles are visible.

This small frag at LA is 26.00.

The one I got last night is at least 1-1/2 inches.

People who are on the fence about joining ARC.....This free frag just payed for my membership!

Seedless Reefer;288457 wrote: It will benefit from additional food in the form of micro-plankton or other micro-foods in the evening while its testicles</em> are visible.

:eek: :lol2:

Seedless Reefer;288457 wrote: It will benefit from additional food in the form of micro-plankton or other micro-foods in the evening while its testicles are visible.

Ummm... you're not putting a frag with genitalia in my tank. That one goes in yours.

I joined last night and my frags havent opened yet :-( i got 2 zoas and the pipe coral .. wish i had known i would be getting an RSMD in about a week.. now onto trying to find some nice cheap LR and LS

none of my freebies opened up yet. my flower pot is thinking about it, but only the ones I bought from other members have shown any color and polyp extention. I'm sure they just need some more time.

I got some zoas, flower pot, and monti. The monti looks a little rough but the flower pot coral might do ok. And the zoas should be fine. I also got a really nice scripps pink millie and some lord of the ring paths, and some acan lords and millie from Jin which are super nice might I add.

Remember that the frags you got from the meeting were cut that very night. They haven't had time to heal yet! Zoas and pipes will probably pop back pretty quickly. "Flower pots" are pissy. They will look like swiss chesse until they decide they like you. Tough to keep in an aquarium long term. The yellow porites looked awesome! They will make nice colonies.

If it just says monti, i believe it was brown and encrusting. Just give your frags time to chill. Don't throw anything out for a little while. I didn't see the favia getting cut, but the merlina was really pretty.

Anyone get the frags I marked "full monty" I was getting bored. Drew hearts, smilies, and stars on some too.

My zoas have not opened up yet, but they look like they will.

The other (all SPS) frags are just little white rocks now. Their tissue was hanging off last night when I got home, and it all eventually blew off when I put the frags in my tank.

Someone wrote "Go Jackets" over a lot of my lids.

As soon as I washed the cups, I broke out my sharpie to fix that.

My lights were already off when I got home, and they won't come on for another hour or so, but I can already see some zoas opening, and there's another one that appears to be opening as well, but I don't know what it is.

Also, my gorgonian from twistoflime already has polyps out, so that's good too.

All in all, I think I got some very nice free pieces.

Everything is open and purdy already. I've got them all down low from the lights.. will have to move them up eventually, but I didn't want to blind anything to death..

i only got one freebie bc when i finally got to the table all that was left was monti's, and all im working with at the moment on this tank is pc's. but i got one nice zoa frag and its starting to open

free.jpg
alt="" />

all the monti's I helped mount etc, where all brown or a dark orange. was kinda sad to chop up some of those pieces as alot of them would have made great show pieces, but it was for a better good. hope every ones frags do well.

some of the montis look pretty pissed in the tank, while some have opened.

pagoda looks really bad.

need to give some time for the corals to heal up. if you have capacity and room in the tank, don't throw the skeletons away for awhile. you'd be surprised what can come back from death.

Back