Free to a good home...freshie stuff.

texhorns98

Market
Reaction score
I just don't have time to maintain my little 12g freshie anymore. Plus, I think I could use the tank as a QT or something. I thought I would just wait until they eventually died (yes, I've been caring for them regularly), but they have stuck around for longer than I thought they would. I've had them for three years now, and just want them to go somewhere. Before you get too excited, it's just 3 or 4 black skirted orange tetras and some pretty hardy plants (swords and something else that grows WELL). I can get some pics if someone wants, but I just would like them gone. A piece or two of mounted driftwood as well, unless my wife decides she wants to keep it for some reason.

DOH! Not a "God" home! A GOOD home!! :lol: I don't think my fish care about the religious beliefs of their keepers...

We'd be interested in the plants if you're going to be at the meeting next week. As long as they have no religious preferences either, that is. ;)

That cracked me up btw.

I'm cursed on second Tuesdays man, I swear! I have the ARC, I have my H.O.G meeting, AND I have my neighborhood assc. meeting some months of which I am the President! Arrgh! I'm not sure if I'll make the meeting or not. But, depending on where it is, I might be close enough for you to swing by. I live pretty close to where the frag swap meeting was.

Cool. :)

Let me know when is good and we can sort it out. We can always use the excuse to hit the shops down that way. I just try to avoid driving into Atlanta as much as possible. lol

I don't blame you man. Not at all...I live near 75 and Howell Mill if that helps indicate where I am. I'm not in any real major hurry, so we can work something out. No interest in the fish?

I know that area a little, adopted my dog from the Humane Society down there. The fish unfortunately would not last long at all in our tanks... we have some pretty large cichlids. Our FW nano is fully stocked.

Well, I don't mind if they're "feeder fish" as long as they have a purpose! :) JK...I can't have that happen to these fish! I just wish someone with a nice community tank would come get them from me.

texhorns98;339504 wrote: Well, I don't mind if they're "feeder fish" as long as they have a purpose! :) JK...I can't have that happen to these fish! I just wish someone with a nice community tank would come get them from me.

Try messaging Stacy -- I believe she has some FW tanks in her classroom. If not, check with some of the elementary and middle schools close to your home. Teachers love free fish!

I have a planted 55g that I would take the plants and fish if Atreyu doesn't want them. Those tetras can live forever. I still have a black skirt that I cycled the tank with (I know, I don't do that anymore) 9 years ago and it is still alive. Most of the fish in this tank are 8+ years old, though their numbers are alot less, it is amazing how long a $2 fish can last.

Matt

I could be wrong, but black skirted orange tetras sound like serpaes (don't hate the FW geek). They'd be fine in a 20 Kelsey. ;)

atreyu917;339510 wrote: I'm interested! I actually took some of Hooked Newbie's killiefish, and they're doing amazing. How big do they get though? I just have a 20 gallon

I presume they are fully grown at this point. I would say they are 1.5-1.75 inches each. The plants are decent size and will grow quickly if given the right conditions.

atreyu917;339700 wrote: Ew if they're Serpae's no thanks. My betta would prefer to keep his fins :) haha.
Pretty fish though, but they are notorious fin nippers. If Corigan wants them he can take them :)

After looking them up, I would say yes they are serpae tetras. We're not talking about much of a "steal" here, so let's just decide who wants them!:D I might have paid $4 for each fish, and $15 for the plant. GOD I miss the PRICES of freshwater tanks!

texhorns98;340127 wrote: After looking them up, I would say yes they are serpae tetras. We're not talking about much of a "steal" here, so let's just decide who wants them!:D I might have paid $4 for each fish, and $15 for the plant. GOD I miss the PRICES of freshwater tanks!

LMAO

We just set up a 120G planted tank.... trust me, there's costs. :wow2:

I'll take em just drop me a line. I have serpae's, black skirts, and some lemon's and they are all little buggers. Tetras are related to the piranha and they look like little piranhas when they get older. I have plenty of plants so there is plenty of hiding space from the fin nippers.

Matt

Great Matt!

Hooked, are you taking the plants or Matt, are you taking them? I'm around the rest of this week and the weekend, as well. My cell is (678)887-2920. Ladies, please don't call for dates...I'm married.

Hooked is more than welcome to the plants, my tank is full! (9 years of growth). If he doesn't want them though I will take the plants.

Matt

Is anyone going to be able to swing by this weekend? I have to dive today from 1:00-4:00, otherwise, I'll be around all weekend.

I'll give you a call tomorrow if that's ok. If you find an earlier taker, go for it. I'm not sure if I'll be able to get down there tomorrow or not though I'd love to. Either way... The offer is much appreciated.

I'm good for tomorrow. Corigan, any chace you can come grab the fish tomorrow? I might head up to Creation Reef and, if so, I could meet you somewhere. I know it's Mom's day though...

Back