frog spawn or hammer

wayb

Market
Reaction score
I purchased this as a hammer but not sure. I will be at the meeting next week and I need to frag it so if anybody is interested maybe we can trade.
Thanks Wayne

the heads are shapped like a hammer, frogspawns have what looks like eggs on the tenticles and the tips of this coral are turning pink which makes it even more a hammer.

first is a frogspawn
second is a hammer
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
116121=7122-aquatic 013.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
116121=7122-aquatic 013.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="aquatic 013.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a>
116121=7123-hammer coral.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
116121=7123-hammer coral.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="hammer coral.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

I'm leaning toward Hammer that has been under less than ideal lighting or flow....... I know my frogspawn looks far less uniform and has branches off of branches. Those branches look like they are coming off of a central base, but are further spread apart than normal to catch more light or flow.

How much for a frag?

and again.
116150=7125-CIMG0621.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
116150=7125-CIMG0621.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="CIMG0621.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

what? i guess i have been calling hammers frogspawns all the time.
can someone show me what frogspawns look like?

The color of the coral makes no difference, many of the different forms of Euphyllia (Hammer, Anchor, Frogspawn, Torch) come in the same colors. In other words, you can have a green hammer, anchor, frogspawn or torch as well as a pink hammer, anchor, frogspawn or torch. The determining factor is the shape of the tentacles.

Wayne, the tricky part about your specimin is it seems to have some tentacles shaped like hammer and some shaped like immature frogspawn tentacles. For the most part, it looks like a hammer coral.

Schwaggs;116176 wrote: The color of the coral makes no difference, many of the different forms of Euphyllia (Hammer, Anchor, Frogspawn, Torch) come in the same colors. In other words, you can have a green hammer, anchor, frogspawn or torch as well as a pink hammer, anchor, frogspawn or torch. The determining factor is the shape of the tentacles.

Wayne, the tricky part about your specimin is it seems to have some tentacles shaped like hammer and some shaped like immature frogspawn tentacles. For the most part, it looks like a hammer coral.

Maybe a Froghammer or a Hammerspawn.lol

Definite Hammer this is my frogspawn
116200=7130-IMG_3963.jpg
>
116200=7130-IMG_3963.jpg
class="gc-images" title="IMG_3963.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

to me the shape looks the same but whatever.

btw stroid nice frogspawn.

jefft;116183 wrote: Maybe a Froghammer or a Hammerspawn.lol

We had the same discussion when I posted pics of my hammer.. and some ppl called it a frogspawn... now Dennis and I call it a froghammer!!

Whatever it is, is beautiful. And I think you maintain them both the same way, right? So the question would be, who knows how to frag a hammer or a frogspawn and wants to trade.

Cameron has (or had?) a beautiful frogspawn. I had the picture as my desktop for awhile.

Back