frog spawn or hammer

Looks like a hammer to me, but it isn't as obvious since many of the heads are barely bigger than the stalk. Now here is a hammer (I am a little biased as that is one of my hammers):
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
116309=7142-IMG_2026.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
116309=7142-IMG_2026.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="IMG_2026.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

:bash2: First post...Hammer for sure...Stroid...Great looking FS

My Hammer
Hammer1.jpg
alt="" />

Thanks Russ and Blind...Linda fragging is super easy just get some bone cuters or even a good pair of wire cutters and cut a tthe base of the stock just cut below the tissue at the hard part of the stock.

Stroid;116365 wrote: Thanks Russ and Blind...Linda fragging is super easy just get some bone cuters or even a good pair of wire cutters and cut a tthe base of the stock just cut below the tissue at the hard part of the stock.

And then do you mount it onto anything?

Linda Lee;116366 wrote: And then do you mount it onto anything?
Depends on how long the stock is mine have really long stocks so i frag then leave it as is that way whoever gets the frag can shove the stock inbetween rock work or glue it down or something. Usually most FS or Hammer have a couple inches of hard skeleton (stock) before you get to the soft tissue. If you dont have much skeleton to cut then you can glue it to a rock if you want. Hope that made sense.

Since we are on the subject..

My Frogspawn has grown great (was Jefft's he fragged for me) Its grown very large. I originally put the stalk in a hole in my LR. Does it grow mor skeleton so it can be fragged...I would love to frag it but not sure what to look for.

Would be cool to frag a frag that was given to me..

tnyga;116372 wrote: Since we are on the subject..

My Frogspawn has grown great (was Jefft's he fragged for me) Its grown very large. I originally put the stalk in a hole in my LR. Does it grow mor skeleton so it can be fragged...I would love to frag it but not sure what to look for.

Would be cool to frag a frag that was given to me..
This will depend on how the frag has grown. I had a frag I bought from CBA and it grew a new head once it grew out the skeleton does form as it splits of a new head but it takes a while to do so from my experience. You can probably frag it but the skeleton would be very small let me see if I can dig up a picture.

The first picture is with the tenticles not extending. You can clearly see the difference between the skeleton and the tissue thats where you cut and you can determine how far down to cut. The second picture is a fragged head it is hard to see the stalk but you can make it out. Hope that helps.
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
116375=7144-IMG_3935.jpg
>
116375=7144-IMG_3935.jpg
class="gc-images" title="IMG_3935.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a>
116375=7145-IMG_3966.jpg
>
116375=7145-IMG_3966.jpg
class="gc-images" title="IMG_3966.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

Dang...Ill have to see what mine has...its the size of a softball but Im not sure if its one stalk or many now...

The skeleton will grow but it takes longer then the tenticles do to grow out. Check what you got and take a picture if you need advice on wether it is ready to be fragged or not.

Ill do that...tyvvm

Hope I didnt hijack thread too badly...good info regardless

Back