Frozen food.

fishlips

Market
Reaction score
What kind of frozen food are you using to feed your reef tank.And where do you buy it. I'm not interested making it.

I buy pemysis from aquarium outfitters or atlanta aquarium. When I'm not near those stores just mysis from petsmart.

Thanks .Petsmart is the only store near me.They have not had mysis shrimp for a month.

dball711;1070375 wrote: LRS Reef Frenzy, PE mysis, & Cornbred Mojo.

Thanks, Where do you get yours from.I would like to get something good, at the same time ,a good price.

The CB stuff directly from Cornbreds site and the rest came from Pure but need to find a new place. All this is MAP pricing so should be the same price everywhere.

I use a couple different Rod's Food blends. I also use Ocean Nutrition mysis.

I think I will try to plan a trip to come down that way.Atlanta Aquarium is closest and Avauium.Will find out what they have.

LRS Reef Frenzy.

Every creature in my tank actually pulls it right out of the feeding tube. Clowns, angels, peppermint shrimp, stars, hermits, lawnmower blenny.

Most of our local stores stock it. LRS website has a map with dealers listed - if no dealer within a certain mileage he will sell direct to you.

Fishlips;1070415 wrote: I think I will try to plan a trip to come down that way.Atlanta Aquarium is closest and Avauium.Will find out what they have.

I get all my food & salt from the Aviarium as he specializes in carrying foods for finicky eaters. He has 4 different types of frozen mysis, Gamma Blaster mosquito Larvae, Rods, PE, Hikari, Live Blackworms, live pods, etc...

My fish love LRS Reef Frenzy. Be careful - not all stores carry it and not all stores even carry frozen. I drove a long way to one store last week and they were out.

I'll still use LRS but at about $20 a package, I've also started to make my own - similar to the recipe listed above.

I really appreciate all your helpful post. I will be coming to Atlanta very shortly . I'm going to try to wait for the February meeting, But not sure how far off it is. Either way,I will be bringing frags with me.;)

I was feeding Rod's for a little bit until we moved and it all thawed out. I just picked up some LRS Reef Frenzy (sorry sweetie!) and am looking for a mini fridge w/ freezer to keep it in in the basement where the tank is

Back