Gem Tang Group Buy Interest List

Update:
I received an email from the Diver. Looks like our Group Buy is on hold for right now. I am not giving up. I am going to try to find some Ornamental Marine Fish Collectors on the Island of Mauritius, where most Gems are collected. Mauritius is a Republic, not a part of South Africa, so hopefully they are allowed to sell what they collect.

I will PM everyone on the Interest List as well. Below is the email:

>
<p style="text-align:left"><span style="font-family: Arial">Hi there.</span>

<p style="text-align:left"><span style="font-family: Arial">Unfotunatly we are not allowed to sell any fish caught in our waters. The best way would be for you to come over on a holiday - inspect the fish and them take them home on the flight with you. There are no Gems around at present.</span>

<p style="text-align:left"><span style="font-family: Arial"><span style="color: #003399">Regards</span></span>

<p style="text-align:left"><span style="font-family: Arial"><span style="color: #003399">Leigh van Zyl</span></span>

<p style="text-align:left"><span style="font-family: Arial"><span style="color: #003399">mailto:leigh@reefinmates.co.za"><span style="color: #003399">mailto:leigh@reefinmates.co.za</span></a></span></span>[/B]

<p style="text-align:left">[B]<span style="font-family: Arial">[IMG]http://www.reefinmates.co.za"><span style="color: #003399">www.reefinmates.co.za</span></a></span>[/B]
[B]<span style="font-family: Arial">&gt;</span>[/B]

Acroholic;331599 wrote: <span style="font-family: Arial">The best way would be for you to come over on a holiday - inspect the fish and them take them home on the flight with you. </span>

Road trip!!!

:D

Cover half my travel expences in the cost of the fish and Ill go. hell I have my advanced certification, ill go diving for them :D

and no I am not kidding.

I found an ornamental marine company located on Mauritius and have sent an Enquiry.
Dave

Well since soooo many people want those gem tangs and the best way to get them is to travel to an exciting forein county I guess I'll do it...ya know for the club.:D

If we cannot get Gems from a source located right where they live, then we are up the creek. If we can't then maybe we can import THIS, from a pic of the island :D :

>

Guys,
It looks like the best price per Gem I could find was $1800 each. These fish are in the 3" range.

I'm sure this is too high a price for everyone, but I thought I'd post my findings anyways.
Dave

Dave,
Thanks for the effort. It is much appreciated. $1800 is a bit out of my reach for now, but let me know if you ever find a better source.

that may be one of the most photoshopped pictures I've ever seen.

Acroholic;332098 wrote: If we cannot get Gems from a source located right where they live, then we are up the creek. If we can't then maybe we can import THIS, from a pic of the island :D :

http://www.bigtravelweb.com/images/mauritius_l.gif" alt="" />[/QUOTE]

She looks like she's ready to frag....... Enough for all

LorenK;336421 wrote: that may be one of the most photoshopped pictures I've ever seen.

That's OK...I'm not looking at the water or the sky or the palm trees or the beach or the huts or the sailboat!

Chymos45;336429 wrote: What?!? There were palm trees and a beach???
I have no idea what he's talking about either. I swear those things are not in that pic anywhere!! :D

Back