Ghetto Lid

hiimsean

Supporting
Reaction score
My tank is now fish safe :D I was having fits using the screen frame DIY lid so I improvised. It's pretty tight despite the picture. I think the adhesive part will hold long term and provides pretty easy access to the tank, a little more work than a framed top.

BRS Clear Netting
Self Adhesive Velcro

=

1351277148.jpg
alt="" />
1351276719.jpg
alt="" />
1351277163.jpg
alt="" />
1351277126.jpg
alt="" />

Final Product
1351277595.jpg
alt="" />

im not a huge fan of egg crate. i use to use it on my FW tanks, it diffuses a lot more light than this stuff

HiImSean;808189 wrote: im not a huge fan of egg crate. i use to use it on my FW tanks, it diffuses a lot more light than this stuff

Definitely.. I always forget because I use it on my fish only tank and lights pretty much a non issue.

Good point.

might wanna sew in the velcro to the wire, i have a feeling it wont stick to it for long.

stickx911;808205 wrote: might wanna sew in the velcro to the wire, i have a feeling it wont stick to it for long.

it's stuck pretty darn good on there. if it starts to come up i'll hot glue it down :boo:

heathlindner25 wrote: I'm only joking with you sean

:lol2:i know, its bad but it's in my office at work so no one really see's it besides my co-workers lol. if it was in my house it'd be a different story

its not bad at all. its a little more than just lifting up a lid but give me piece of mind keeping fish in

HiImSean;817333 wrote: its not bad at all. its a little more than just lifting up a lid but give me piece of mind keeping fish in

I like it, and definitely serves a purpose. Sometimes, image is overrated.

Back