My aluminum stock framed stand

Compelling arguments. I hate to restart the side panels as I just finished the molding on the front one.

Alright, you win, I will error on the side of your collective experiences :) I will buy new sheets tomorrow, and do the molding. Truth be told, I wasn't overly happy with fitment anyways, so I can retake measurement and do it a little better.

Okay, I ended up keeping the side panels as is, but I did finish it. I will replace those panels later (needed it out of our shop at the office)

Here is the final product minus the electronics:
null_zpsab243f5c.jpg
alt="" />
Here it is with the hole for sump drilled and the rings, I have now moved it from my office to my apartment. (moved in a honda.. and it broke down super easily thanks to the aluminum.)
null_zps5be320d6.jpg
alt="" />
null_zpsc7c09ad0.jpg
alt="" />

READ THIS: I need some advice, I plan to lower the water level about six inches, and lift it onto the new table. This is going to be rather heavy. Is it okay to lift it with water in it? this wont cause stress on the joints will it?

Thanks for the reply. I partially took your advice, and rearranged some to lower the water to about half way. Due to the tank being small to begin with (30g) My wife and I didn't have too much trouble (she was an unwilling accomplice) in getting into place.
From there, I wired everything up temporarily. The electronics will just sit on the floor beside it until I have time to wire in the switches and finish this, but here is some pictures of basically the finished project. (besides from the electronics) I need to do a bit of touch up from moving it but nothing major I think it's a complete success.

null_zps6131097f.jpg
alt="" />
null_zps777fa1a0.jpg
alt="" />
null_zpsc1f730f0.jpg
alt="" />

I didn't see this until now in regards to the moving of the tank. Looks like you got it licked. What I would have suggested was sliding the rank onto a sheet of plywood, that way it would support the tank better than hands. Then do more of a slide onto the new stand.
Looks like you figured it out and it worked for you.
If I may suggest one piece of cosmetic design, using trim, or kick board as a skirt to hide the wheels!
Other than that, well done!

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Hey! thanks for the kind words all.
I went with a larger top because i wanted a larger sump area :) My last stand was tiny, and really hard to work on. This upgrade was more of a functional upgrade as i was totally unable to pull my sump out without an hour of work, now I can do a monthly total cleaning on it with removing one of the panels and sliding it out.

Heres a couple more pictures since last night:
null_zpse766c7c7.jpg
alt="" />
null_zps318ad78b.jpg
alt="" />

I will be fixing the ATO tonight, and then off to michigan for ten days, calibrating GM.

Edit: Oh, and yes, I was planning some velcro on boards to hide the wheels, they have to be removable though as the wheels can hit it when they move.

Oh and moving the tank full is quite easy, very little effort, but some caution has to be used as it's rimles and can slosh if you jerk it.

How on earth do you watch TV man? :D

It can be distracting, but so worth it :) The shallow rimless with the LEDs makes a light show on the ceiling at night :D

I hear ya! That is my next build. That's the plan anyway!

The stand could definetely hold a bigger tank, but pretty happy where I am. I have spent a small fortune on it in the last six months, pretty sure the wife would lose it if I upgraded :D

Here is a pic that I meant to upload. I just got back from Michigan and will be trying to do the electronics soon.

This is with all panels removed, fantastic for maintenance, although only one of my panels fits well, but they are temporary anyways. I may ask Grouper to build nicer ones for me. Should be an easy job for him.

null_zps5c08b60f.jpg
alt="" />

null_zpsc7c09ad0.jpg
alt="" />

Are you trying to hind a body under that thing?
Here's a hint, you need to hide the feet too. :)

HAHA, i just noticed what you were talking about, I initally assumed you meant the wheels :) That would be my daughters feet :)

I have an install coming up soon ,and may be in the position to bring back a great deal of aluminum. Might look at making another stand if anyone is interested. This is not set in stone yet as to whether or not I can transfer it back though so no promises, but if someone is interested in the build feel free to PM me.

Do you ever come across 1.5"x3". Good job by the way! I just cut down a 30x30x30 cube to 30x30x16

I will measure it when I get on site and let you know. The install is up in Minneapolis but I am platinum on delta, so if I buy a bag, I can probably check it back to atlanta if you need one, no more than 3ft lengths? should have a bit of the hardware as well.

Edit: I would gladly trade you for some redone side panels on this tank, they fit like hell. I have to fight two side of them to get them off. I didn't take in to account the compression of the tank.

Back