Gladiator prks vs. clown trigger

stickman

Market
Reaction score
I have a 60 sps heavy cube tank with 2 mp 40s. I don't have any experiance with triggers and bought my first one Dottie the clown trigger!!! Clown triggers are amazing looking btw and just had to buy her, but I am mostly a wrasse guy and am a little worried that the pair and trigger will fight. Is it a face off? Who will win? Or will they be okay together kuz they are really nice fish?

I wouldn't put one in a 60 and I wouldn't put in with any corals I cared about.

The only way to keep a trigger from eating literally everything in sight is to feed it massive amounts multiple times a day.

Doing so will pollute your nice SPS tank and make it grow so fast it will need a new home in less than a year.

No the trigger is only Nickle sized and thought he would work kuz he is so small

The question is will the clowns and trigger fight I am not worried about my wrasse they are to fast?

Triggers, especially clowns which are even more aggressive than most triggers, do not fight.

They simply eat or dont eat things. And the dont eat list is very short.

You sound like youre going to do it no matter what anyone says so be prepared for it to end badly. I have seen two instances of a clown trigger in a reef and both were over 400 gallons and both were fed amazing amounts of food.

Stickman;1040126 wrote: The question is will the clowns and trigger fight I am not worried about my wrasse they are to fast?

The clown won't fight it. It'll eat it.

Baby clown trigger in no problems so far! I did notice it doesn't like a lot of flow

well you do have 2 mp40's in a 24" wide tank lol im surprised hes the only one not liking that much flow.

The sps love the flow with all the extra flow I thought that adding a baby clown trigger would be a no brainer it's fun to watch the fish catching the jet streams in the tank! The little trigger just shoots around with the flow :)

Sad news little Dottie the trigger was found dead on the power head getting chopped up :( today guess she made a big mistake guess I will try another one

Please don't. A clown trigger does not belong in that environment I'm sorry. It didn't dive into the powerhead it obviously died prior and was pulled to it.

Back