Glass cages group order info

ouling

Market
Reaction score
I am ordering my special tank from http://www.glasscage.com">www.glasscage.com</a> today. Their price is almost impossible to beat. I just gaved them a call and they said most acrylic tanks black brace can be switched for clear eurobrace for free. Most starphire glass can be installed and shipped on 28th in time for the show.

If you're interested then give them a call at 615)-446-8877 (Normal office hours are 9AM to 5PM(central time) on weekdays
or call me at 404 372 7626 if you want to order it with me and maybe get a discount.

Today is the cut off date for ALL orders if you want to pick it up on the 28th. :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

They say it depends on the number of tank we order. The owner isn't there yet so she can't give me a number, maybe give them a call and ask. But I doubt it would be anything over 10%.

I would never own an acrylic tank unless I knew it was going to FOWLR and even then I doubt I would do it. Coral cuts acrylic way too easily for me and I don't envy anyone trying to keep coraline off of acrylic.

Cameron;59770 wrote: I would never own an acrylic tank unless I knew it was going to FOWLR and even then I doubt I would do it. Coral cuts acrylic way too easily for me and I don't envy anyone trying to keep coraline off of acrylic.

Yeah, it's quite a chore, and with two young boys, I can't tell you how many times I've had to raise my voice--it's turning me into a jerk!

But I couln't get a glass pentagon tank with curved front corners either... If I ever do another tank in a regular shape, it will be glasscages with starphire glass.

Bought the Starphire Rimless! It will be here saturday but can't put water in it for 3 weeks... Hope it don't fall apart when I move this thing.

What size tank is it? You will be very happy with the star glass! I hope to have a tank with that glass in it one day.

I'm only doing a 65 gallon. 48X18X17 I find a smaller tank easier to be satisfied with because I have enough corals to eliminate the rocks altogether. A well stocked and nicely done 65 gallon looks better than a empty 400 gallon in cash poor peoples opinion (like me) :)

LOL to true man. I hope it works good for ya. Plus stary glass is so purdy. I have always wanted a 180 but I will probally end up with a 125. I need a 6ft tank so my tangs can swim all they want. I would love to check out the construction of your tank when u get it. Maybe in a year or so I may get a 125 with that stary look. LOL.

I ordered my 300 Gallon last week, Ouling can you do me a favor and see if they'll have mine ready for drop off this week Saturday as well. I think because of the size they will say no. Larger tanks take longer to cure. More surface area for the silicon to dry.

But if you could do that I'd appreciate it.

I am stuck in Florida right now and will be back on Saturday morning.

My order is under my name.

Thanks in advance.

Simon they can do it no problem. It will be a $65 delivery fee if you go and pick it up from the show. You need to let me know or let them know before thursday afternoon because the truck will be gone. You cannot put water in it for at least 3 weeks after you pick it up tho.

Ouling. Thank you very much. I'm on a customer site during the day and can't call Glasscages during work hours.. Can you call them and confirm my tanks readiness for Saturday. PM me if its on. Thanks very much. $65 is no problem.

I will give them a call and tell them to bring it on Saturday, they already told me it will be no problem.

I'm going to be in the Reptile show a bit earlier than you so give me your number and I can call you when I'm there to make sure your tank is there too, save you the trip if they forgot or something, as they often do.

Simon if you don't mind me asking, how much did it cost you. PM me if you don't want to put it on this thread. I have been thinking about doing an upgrade myself. Sorry for highjacking your thread ouling.
Jerry

Their prices are one the website. I went for the commercial setup as it was 3/4 inch rather than 1/2 inch. I have kids (the little brats) and i wanted to be safer. It is 8 feet long after all.

I paid extra for Starphire $540 for front and sides, obviously more important to have Starphire on a thicker tank as the glass gets very green the thicker you go. I only needed the front and sides as this will be a normal tank against a wall.

I also upgraded the seams to be black silicon $50. Its only the uprights that get it but its worth the extra money.

I did not go with their overflows. However for my tank at 30 inches tall it was $180 for two. Tank connectors were an extra $80 which i thought was expensive. I didn't order them either.

All in all i bought a 96L x 24W x 30H all 3/4 inch, front and sides Starphire and with black silicon. Eurobraced, all for $1790.

You could buy the same tank with 1/2 inch no Starphire and no black silicon for $850.

Glasscages are certainly cheap. My experience with them is that they have been very good. I know other have had some issues, I haven't. Hey but they now have my money. It could change.

Also an important thing is that they do not charge sales tax. For a 1000+ tank that could come out to a $100 savings.

Ouling, what is the advantage to getting it rimless? Are you putting a canopy over it?

Simon, why the black silicone instead of the clear?

Glasscages just phoned me. Because of the size they can not move the tank for a few weeks. I will have to wait then, no pick up this weekend :-(

Back