Glass Cages

Given that I know David "Grouper Therapy" I would have to just say that it would take some pretty bad service to get him angry, and exceptionally bad service to keep him from ever forgiving a temporary 'bad day' experience.

But either way I have heard so many bad things about GC, I dont think I would ever risk an order. Even if the experiences are split 50/50, or 80/20 for that matter, those are not good odds for me when I am spending 100s of dollars.

BUt that is with no personal experience.

texhorns98;315863 wrote: Colin, I thought you were going with our Ocea? My tank has proven to be excellent in the three weeks I've had it. Granted, not much time...but it's held water and the front hasn't fallen off! :)
Not at the price he gave me! PM me all tell you more

grouper therapy;315879 wrote: brand new 120 gallon glass cages being parted out for arc members baffles . This tanks bottom cracked first night with water! Not my tank.
I tried to buy a custom cube from glasscages. They were a little hesitate about the size and the stand it would sit on. So i submmitted an engineered drawing for the stand and waited on a response for a week, none came, I then called and was treated as if i had asked for their firstborn. I was talked to rudely and unprofessionally as I think I have ever been talked to. I asked to speak to the owner and was told by a lady there and I qoute (He does not want to build your tank) . I then asked why,response and I qoute ( I said he does not want to build your tank!) After the way I was treated they could give me a tank and I would bury it and connect a sewer line to it. Sorry I get a little worked up when I try to spend my money with someone and they act like they are doing me a favor!:mad2: :mad2:
Ok yeah that would be a big problem

Skriz;315848 wrote: Having to repair a NEW tank is not okay in my book. If you bought a new tv and had to immediately repair it (at your expense), would you be okay with that?

Tim (MRC) had a large GC tank...the front fell off!

Have you ever heard anything like that about an oceanic/marineland/etc?
Your right it is not good to fix a new tank! And the front falling off would also be a problem!

I guess I'm with Derek at what % of negative feedback does one steer away from a product? Maybe a good poll ? You are not going to please everyone all the time but maybe at least 90% of them sometime. Mockery just some food for thought. estimate the value (, not just but including monetary) of the inhabitants of your tank and all that is attached to it and weigh the risk attached to a leaking or faulty tank. Especially since the tank is about the least exspensive part of the system in terms of what it is responsible for.

My new chalice tank was built by glasscages. I like the tank, but the owner of the company is real tool. Believe anything you hear about disrespectful customer service.
Dave

I had my custom 95G from GC for a few years with no problem. Workmanship was good. Customer service was OK. Nothing special but not offensive. I have no statistics but I wonder how many tank breaks are caused by the installer after the tank has been delivered either by incorrect handling, uneven stands, etc. FWIW several years ago I had a "non Glasscages" tank crack down the front side for no apparent reason. They sell thousands of tanks and you hear about a handful of problems. Just wondering if the other glass tank makers don't have the same ratio?

I have bought several tanks from GC. Although the front of the tanks have not fallin off or bottoms blown out but I have had the displeasure of dealing with these people.
Waiting on tanks that were to be delivered on a specific date and the tank not be on the truck. "Oh we wont be back in Atlanta for 6 more weeks"
Trying to have regular glass pass off as Starfire.
Delivery on Thursday only to have them call at 5pm on Wed and state we had to pickup within 3 hours or we would have to wait for next truck.
I have not had a leak yet because I always resilicone, I figure if I get irritated enough with having to complete there build I will go elswhere. I HAVE:D

How does someone build a fishtank or even appreciate one if they have never even owned one?

If you go up there ask to see the snake room. I wont even describe the conditions. I left in tears!!

As for Ocea, he has increased his price to individuals since the Chattanooga frag swap because he had several very upset customers (stores) that lost sales due to the pricing given out was the same as theres. You might find that a LFS could get you a better price.

You may be right on Ocea. I ordered my tank a couple of months back and I was amazed at the price I got. Very nice tank / stand I might add. Now some prices I have seen have been higher.

Darren24;316087 wrote: You may be right on Ocea. I ordered my tank a couple of months back and I was amazed at the price I got. Very nice tank / stand I might add. Now some prices I have seen have been higher.

Looks like we lucked out Darren. I wondered how stores he supplied tanks to would react to the pricing he was giving direct consumers. Of course, I wasn't going to argue with him at the time! I almost felt like I was stealing it from him! :)

Darren24;316087 wrote: You may be right on Ocea. I ordered my tank a couple of months back and I was amazed at the price I got. Very nice tank / stand I might add. Now some prices I have seen have been higher.
Yeah that may be true but there is nothing that should DOUBLE THE PRICE IN LESS THEN 2 months! Darren Pm me if you want to know more.

Fish Scales2;316063 wrote: I have bought several tanks from GC. Although the front of the tanks have not fallin off or bottoms blown out but I have had the displeasure of dealing with these people.
Waiting on tanks that were to be delivered on a specific date and the tank not be on the truck. "Oh we wont be back in Atlanta for 6 more weeks"
Trying to have regular glass pass off as Starfire.
Delivery on Thursday only to have them call at 5pm on Wed and state we had to pickup within 3 hours or we would have to wait for next truck.
I have not had a leak yet because I always resilicone, I figure if I get irritated enough with having to complete there build I will go elswhere. I HAVE:D

How does someone build a fishtank or even appreciate one if they have never even owned one?

If you go up there ask to see the snake room. I wont even describe the conditions. I left in tears!!

As for Ocea, he has increased his price to individuals since the Chattanooga frag swap because he had several very upset customers (stores) that lost sales due to the pricing given out was the same as theres. You might find that a LFS could get you a better price.

Yeah that might me ture. PM sent Fish Scales

Back