Glass dividers for sump

usually about a day or 2 but i think it would depend on how much junk is in the sock as to how quick it would dry out

Why not get glass sections from HD or Lowes. Then cut them to fit. That's what I did and it's super easy.
As for the filter/mesh socks, i take them straight from the sump to the fish room (aka bathroom that I use for the tanks:D)
I flip them inside out, wash out the food by hand. Then I drop them in a 3 gal bucket that I have RO water and bleach. I usually let them sit in there for 2-3days. Pull them out (they are white and look brand new) rinse them very well, then hang them on a towel rack to dry. I have 3-4 hanging at any one time.
I rinse them one last time before I put one in the tank. Prior to doing this method, just rinsing by hand gave me a day or two before they were ready to change. Now i am good for 4-5 days. :thumbup:

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

I've never had an issue just putting acrylic in a sump w silicon. It's just easier to work with.

I built mine with the super thin glass at lowes and it works fine in my sump.

Sent by Samsung Galaxy Note 2 and Tapatalk 2

I also built my sump using 1/8" thickness glass sheets that are 10"x12" from Home Depot. $2 bucks a sheet and they work great. They also have bigger pieces if your sump will be bigger. You don't have to use thick glass in your sump since water will be on both sides of the glass sheets and that will not create as much pressure on the glass as you think it will.

Back