Glass shop?

your best bet is to use acrylic, glass can be tough getting each sheet perfectly cut.

photokid;683028 wrote: your best bet is to use acrylic, glass can be tough getting each sheet perfectly cut.

I might do it acrylic, is just a sump. Would lowes or HD would be the cheapest to buy sheet of acrylic? I have a saw I might have to change the blade, any good blade recommended to cut acrylic like butter?

look on reef central they have tons of great threads on working with acrylic.

I love that forum and the search thing works great. For some reason the search here in ARC doesn't work I type something and nothing comes out.

If I go with acrylic looks like this weld on seems to do the job.

index.php

Are you talking about building the entire sump, or just the baffles in a glass tank?

Yes building an entire sump, but is starting to look to pricey for glass or acrylic here. I already posted a WTB use sump but has to be 10" wide or else it wont fit inside my stand. I am talking to my cousin in NY he might be able to get me some glass 1/2" thick to build my sump. The other solution I can do is buy a 10g for a sump but 10g is to small for my 55g DT

so where does everyone buy glass in this town? I need some myself...

If I was you I'd try and make a bigger stand to accommodate a larger sump. Its the best of both worlds IMO.

Just a thought but you could drill the end of 2 ten gal. and connect via a union. That's the way mine is.

I'm actually taking the 2 10g idea. Just need to modify my refuge idea. I wonder if those Walmart 10g are able to be drilled on the sides.

What's a good silicone for glass baffles in a glass tank??

Petco has a $1 per gal. sale right now. Drop it by Nemo's off of Indian Trail and pick it up the next day...Simon's dad has drilled several 10 gal. for me. Dude is a whiz at it!!!

rjrgroup;683091 wrote: Petco has a $1 per gal. sale right now. Drop it by Nemo's off of Indian Trail and pick it up the next day...Simon's dad has drilled several 10 gal. for me. Dude is a whiz at it!!!

Anyone knows whats the dimension on the 20G tank from Petco. I would hate to drive all the way to Petco and end up getting 2x 10G when I could have gotten it for the same price at Walmart.

Sounds like he is good but why can't he get it done the same day. Indian Trail is like 45 min from me. How much he charges per hole?

Anyone knows whats a good silicone for glass on glass?

I am going to come up with an idea combining these 2 10g without having to drill and taking care of the main issue in this situation which is FREAKING BUBBLES. lol but I love to take up the challenge! :D

Edit:
PFCDeitz;683272 wrote: I just bought a 15 gallon that tank is saweet!.

Which one? Dim? From?

I have a 15 tall...Same footprint as a 10, just taller. If you are interested.

To answer you question on baffles. I made all of sumps from 30g under my 90s. I used plexiglass from lowes for baffles the silicone just needs to be 100% silicone. Make sure it does not include any mildew killer. Mark sump where you want baffles on outside. Run a bead on the line and fit the baffle. Let it dry and then run a seal bead on both sides if you can. Let it dry, water test. Done!

Back