glass suction cups

demifelix

Market
Reaction score
Does anyone know what kind of suction cups I need and how many I need to move a 180gal glass tank?

anyone moving tanks with these cups before? I'm buying a tank and would like to pick up this weekend so I want to get the right tools. I looked online but it does not tell how much weight it can hold. Any help is very much appreciated. thanks.

Harbor freight has them. I don't know if they make one strong enough to handle the weight of a 180 though.

I wouldn't trust the Harbor Freight ones with a tank that big. You need the professional-duty ones that you pump up. Unfortunately they are way expensive.

Brian's cousin who used to own a LFS here in town, used to have a set... they were great and made moving big tanks easy.

Jenn

You can rent them at sunbelt rental. I used 2 of theirs and 2 of a friends to move a 250 gallon.

Ringo®;1036531 wrote: Harbor freight has them. I don't know if they make one strong enough to handle the weight of a 180 though.

I bought four of them @ $4.99 each to move my 120g. Best money I ever spent! I've moved it several times over the last week and no signs of failure. Make sure they're connected good and you're ready to go!

As for how many? Depends on how many able bodied men are going to move the tank. I read the reviews about the suction cups extensively before I bought them. The selling point for me was the guys talking about moving granite countertops with them with no issues.

demifelix;1036618 wrote: thanks to all for the input

Felix, I didnt have any trouble moving mine with one other person depending on how far you have to carry it. Would have been a lot easier with more people but we didn't have to carry it too far.

Good luck with the build!

If you use the harbor freight ones get like 8 and 4 people to move the tank.

I used 6 of the $50 industrial ones, and 4 people to move my 300 and it was still a PINA.

Felix, we just used four and three people to move the AGA 180. It was a pain but worked....

Nickh06;1036619 wrote: Felix, I didnt have any trouble moving mine with one other person depending on how far you have to carry it. Would have been a lot easier with more people but we didn't have to carry it too far.

Good luck with the build!

Thanks Nick. I don't even know how far I have to go in order to get to my truck, but it's 50 feet from my driveway to the final destination.

EnderG60;1036620 wrote: If you use the harbor freight ones get like 8 and 4 people to move the tank.

I used 6 of the $50 industrial ones, and 4 people to move my 300 and it was still a PINA.

Mine is only 180 so hopefully it's not as bad. Thanks for the info.

gmpolan;1036621 wrote: Felix, we just used four and three people to move the AGA 180. It was a pain but worked....

Geoff..I don't have huge muscles like yours. 3 of your guys = 6 of us :(

Back