Gold Striped Maroon Clown

sra_chipmunk

Market
Reaction score
<span style="color: black;"><span style="font-size: 13px;"><span style="font-family: Calibri;">I have a gold striped maroon clown. He was hosting an anemone but the anemone died. I got everything stable in my tank but I do not want to put another anemone in my tank. I would like to put another clown in there. Right now there is a cleaner shrimp, peppermint shrimp, emerald crab and purple tang with the clown. I was told by my LFS that I have to get a clown that is way bigger than the one I have because he would bully the newer clown. Is this true? Would I be better off not getting another clown or trying my luck with a clown of the same size?</span></span></span>

Thanks
Tom

I think Maroon Clowns are one of the tougher clowns to pair up but it can be done. I personally would find a smaller clown that has not changed to female. Then, introduce the new clown via a small trap/cage to let them get acclimated to each other. There are several good threads on ARC about how to do that from some experienced people. Good luck!

Back