Goni

gclackum

Supporting
Reaction score
Got home last night and noticed one of my Gonies behaving weirdly. New to my tank. Only one of 4 behaving this way? Any ideas what’s going on?65233D1D-8770-4E4F-A355-9B73C7849CEA.jpeg1B653E0D-BE6C-4E7A-BEF4-778B841DC8E0.jpeg

I guess couple things I wonder is 1) is it in the same flow and light conditions as the others? 2) I would take it out and examine for pests and maybe iodine dip
Other than that I would say keep track of Manganese levels, but is the other 3 are happy, probably not.

Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are all within a few inches of each other. It is extending out now but the two polyps that look different seam to be the only ones that come out that far

Some of the shorter tentacle gonis have a few long "sweepers" - this is normal as far as I know. Your goni looks fine.
Here is a pic of TSA Laffy Taffy which shows what I'm referring to and looks to be like what yours is doing

1682045675721.png

Most people don't realize that there are ~14ish different species of goniopora...thats why sometimes they get along next to each other and sometimes they don't and there are so many mixed reviews on them overall.

I may need to separate mine a little I have a couple of frags pretty close together.,

Back