Got my TDS meter today and....

46bfinga;103934 wrote: Where can you get a RO filter that has 0 waste water? When I fill up my new system theres no way I'm using my Typhoon 3 Ro/Di for 800 gallons of water.

Zero waste ROs are kind of a joke IMO.

There a couple of low waste water RO units you can buy. You can mod your RO to get 1:1 on a permanent basics, or change the resistor on your RO for a temporary tank fill.

You could just go straight from Mechanical 1. micron or less, to a .6 micron carbon block, to a large DI canister and have zero waste. ( I'm not sure how much DI resin you'll need to get 800 gallons.)

If your tap water is low TDS like most of our water is, you can change your restirctor on your RO to adjust it down to 1: 1 ratio. with our low TDS water I don't believe it would hurt your RO membrane to bad if you did this just while filling your system as long as you flushed it right after wards.

Your Standard Ro would use about 4000 gallons to make the 800 you need for your system. Dollar wise that not very much money for water.

If you are on a sewer your really not "wasting" water IMO. (as far as the drought is concerned)

Back