Great ARC Picnic!

TriGa22;59475 wrote: Any idea when/where the August meeting will be. I really am looking forward to it.

Still working on it... we generally make announcements around the first of the month, so look for something then.

tsciarini;59479 wrote: Still working on it... we generally make announcements around the first of the month, so look for something then.
Thanks Tony.:yay:

<span style="color: black;">
tsciarini;59479 wrote: Still working on it... we generally make announcements around the first of the month, so look for something then.
</span>

<span style="color: black;">I know it would put members in an awkward position if any of the board governmental officials put out a donation box or asked for it. But since I&#8217;m always the guy to bring up awkward things, I think the folks who attended, ate something, peed in the urinal, should donate something to the ARC for doing something like this, this way we can ensure there will be a next time. I gave $10 for bring me, myself, and us. I know this BBQ get-together cost a few bucks on the ARC paypal account. </span>

<span style="color: black;">How about let&#8217;s have a baseball game next time??? Southside Reefa Vs. North Side Reefas. I-20 is the line we draw. </span>

I was expecting the day to be very humid from the rain the day before but it turned out perfect.

Thought Kevin was a goner due to lack of oxygen....blue tongue and lips are usually a sure sign of an impending emergency tracheotomy then I saw the jello and put the pocket knife back. He wouldn't have felt it ya know.

Was a lot of fun and of course and as usual met some great folks.

Looking forward to the next one.

<span style="font-size: 14px;"><span style="color: blue;">Loren W.</span></span>

hey tony when do you plan on doing another arc picnic or something like this it must have been great

Not sure about something as largely planned as this was right away but I'd really like to start getting people involved in more weekend socials. One of my ideas coming in as President was that I wanted to have the formal Tuesday meetings and also a casual weekend social (dinner, volleyball/football, night out for drinks, river cleanup, etc). Next thing I know I blink and half the year is gone.

I'm all for fun weekend outings and if it looks like we've got enough people to make it happen, we can just start making threads of "I'm going to be "here" on Saturday... who's coming out to join us?" I think it would make it alot more like a "club" and bring alot of friends together.

...plus after 7 jello shots and a solo cup full of blue goodness, it doesn't feel like so much work</em> anymore :)

The food was great, I personally wish I could have eaten more. I downed 3 jello shots, 8 beers, 6 hamburgers and two hot dogs, plus beans and a couple of other sides. My only regret is that my stomach was so full! Later, I went to my friends and had about 3 more drinks and got in at 1am. I ate 2 hamburgers and two buffalo hot dogs and one ostrich jerky. I think it is time to go on a diet. Thanks Tony for an entertaining day!

Here is a pic of Danny's dog Alexander.
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
59512=4022-IMG_0274.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
59512=4022-IMG_0274.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="IMG_0274.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

Speaking of pics... I saw alot of cameras out there, where's everyones pictures?!?!?!

Hey Tony, despite the fact that you slammed her about looking sooo "five minutes" (I mean, how long does it REALLY take to put on a dress like that?!?!), my friend thought you were kinda cute ;)

ouling;59487 wrote:

<span style="color: black;">How about let’s have a baseball game next time??? Southside Reefa Vs. North Side Reefas. I-20 is the line we draw. </span>

I believe older people play softball or kickball. The game I'd love to play is dodgeball though. ;)

had a great time... It was great to put faces to names. Hated to leave but committed to another get together. Glad everyone enjoyed the Jello- shooters. Michele and I promise to keep perfecting them and adding new choices. Tony, et al .... keeping having such wonderful get togethers. You out did yourselves.

And Alex was great too!! thanks for bringing him.

ouling;59487 wrote:

<span style="color: black;">I know it would put members in an awkward position if any of the board governmental officials put out a donation box or asked for it. But since I’m always the guy to bring up awkward things, I think the folks who attended, ate something, peed in the urinal, should donate something to the ARC for doing something like this, this way we can ensure there will be a next time. I gave $10 for bring me, myself, and us. I know this BBQ get-together cost a few bucks on the ARC paypal account. </span>

<span style="color: black;">How about let’s have a baseball game next time??? Southside Reefa Vs. North Side Reefas. I-20 is the line we draw. </span>

Nice Im in for a ballgame. I play in the MABL in Atlanta, probably would be fun.

Softball would be more friendly. And I'm definitely in for tuesday dinners.

kappaknight;59527 wrote: The game I'd love to play is dodgeball though. ;)
Wei... can you even move that fast? I dont think Ive ever seen your knee higher than a 15degree angle!

Ms. K;59522 wrote: Hey Tony, despite the fact that you slammed her about looking sooo "five minutes" (I mean, how long does it REALLY take to put on a dress like that?!?!), my friend thought you were kinda cute ;)

Go Tony!!!!!

That was a great time! It was nice to see a lot of new faces out there. The weather couldn't have been more perfect. Thanks a lot EVERYONE.

The Jello was awesome!!!

There is always room for J E L L O

Back