Great Glass Company

ghbrewer

Market
Reaction score
I just wanted to let everyone of the great experience that I had with Diamond Glass Company in Alpharetta, off of Kimball Bridge Rd. They were able to have their manufacturer precisely cut, edge, and drill a large piece of 1/2" (12mm) thick glass for me, and at half the cost of other companies that I was getting prices from elsewhere. They gave me such a good deal, that I had them cut and edge some new braces for me as well. Just wanted to let everyone know about my good experience.

Glad to hear they got you set up, I read your thread about the plywood possibility and hoped you got something worked out.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

Do you happen to know if they also do bevelling (whatever the word is for rounding a cut edge so that it, well, can't cut you) and have low-iron glass available?

I wouldn't mind getting a custom lid for my aquastyle cube tank (possibly also cut to fit an aquaclear HOB), since Eheim insists on pre-breaking every one I order from them for my convenience.

Thanks for the head's up!

You don't really need it to be beveled, just polished if all you want is the edge to be smooth so that it won't cut you. They do it all, as well as are able to get Low-iron or Starphire glass. Give'em a call, the guy that I worked with is Rick James. His number at the shop is: 770-475-3468 email:
a>.

P.S. it helps if you can send a plan or schematic that shows all of the dimensions. Like I did in the CAD sketch below:
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
952998=53511-Brewer_Glass_Order.jpg
>
952998=53511-Brewer_Glass_Order.jpg
class="gc-images" title="Brewer_Glass_Order.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

I personally know Rick and the Diamond glass company. Great group of people there and my office is in eyesight of them. I had them cut a starfire glass lid for my cube.

I've used them before too and they do GREAT work. I had to have some oval mirrors cut.....perfect fit the first time so that's where I went for some sump dividers.

ghbrewer;952997 wrote: You don't really need it to be beveled, just polished if all you want is the edge to be smooth so that it won't cut you. They do it all, as well as are able to get Low-iron or Starphire glass. Give'em a call, the guy that I worked with is Rick James. His number at the shop is: 770-475-3468 email: mailto:rjames@diamondglasscompany.com">rjames@diamondglasscompany.com</a>.[/QUOTE]

:yay: thanks for the reference, I've been looking for a good glass cutter.... The fact that his name is Rick James, well, just an awesome bonus!:shades:

joseayes;953043 wrote: Great you found this guys Grant!

Is this cutting to repair the 150 Gallons that you working on?

Yes sir!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Sn4k33y3z;953022 wrote: I personally know Rick and the Diamond glass company. Great group of people there and my office is in eyesight of them. I had them cut a starfire glass lid for my cube.

How was their pricing on starfire?

ghbrewer;952998 wrote: P.S. it helps if you can send a plan or schematic that shows all of the dimensions. Like I did in the CAD sketch below:

Oh yea let me just whip one of those out. Hehe I don't think mine would look like that

Mikesmith34;953153 wrote: Oh yea let me just whip one of those out. Hehe I don't think mine would look like that

Do it in MS paint just to give them a laugh.

Back