Great vacation till I came home to my tank..

KrisDeitz

Market
Reaction score
Well we went to the keys for a few days.

I visited all pets emporium where they built the big cylinder tank for living creations.

Also visited wwc.

Came home with all kinds if frags. Excited to put them in.

Get home to soup.

I had 4 anthias. All dead
Purple tang is about to die
Chevron tang gone
Kole tang going
Libarty wrasse gone

My clowns still look super.
Bang cardinal looks good
Mel wrasse looks good.

Cuc and most corals look fine. All sps is browning and oozing.

So I did a water change got dead bodies out. Cleaned up as best I could.

The only reason I can think of is my neighbors who cared for it.

We shut our water off die to a plumbing leak.

It was fixed Saturday and the neighbors did a top off. I think the dirty water got in. I'm still flushing down brown muddy water.

Sucks. Wife really wants me to shut it down. I'm thinking we may for a bit.

We are negotiating our first home right now. Paying her school off and new vehicle is all adding up.

We shall see. Could use the funds for a down payment.

Sorry to hear that Kris. I know how badly it sucks to come home to something like that. It happened to me 2 years ago.

Whatever you decide...you know we're behind you all the way.

Thanks guys. I wont be gone. WIth us purchasing a new home I Am planning a In wall build. We have a Garage and basement if we get the house. Ive had one to many crashes.

Ill give it a few days. Just bought a crap ton from WWC

txt'd u but if u need a place to put them, i'll be glad to hold if I'm the closest

I hate that for you to kris. We all face hardships and this hobby has broke my heart more than once. Like Jeff said man. Once a reefer always a reefer.

I am REALLY sorry to hear about your tank... this seems to be a bad month for crashes. Hang in there bud, if there is anything that I can do, please let me know!

:( That's unfortunate - to say the least.

Was the topoff water RO/DI? If so, "dirty" shouldn't have got through.

Was the AC left on while you were away, or was it shut off or the temperature turned up? I've seen that happen...

Seems like vacations are the death nell for tanks... nobody is immune.

I'm sorry for your losses.

Jenn

JeffMuse;888854 wrote: I am REALLY sorry to hear about your tank... this seems to be a bad month for crashes. Hang in there bud, if there is anything that I can do, please let me know!

It seems that way, seen a couple in the past week or 2, off topic but are you feeling better Jeff? And Kris sorry to hear about the crash, got me kinda worried about leaving for a week next month as well.

feel your pain, been there a few times.
what do motorcyclylist and reefers have incommon? those who have crashed, and those who will.
I arranged for a experienced person from the club to back up the neighbor.. I.C.E......
I think we should have a thread for this.....

Sorry to hear about this. I know once you get your tank checked out and add all those WWC frags it will pull you right back in : )

Sorry to hear about your tank!! I think I would have broken down in tears!

I'm awfully worried myself about being goen a week next month.
Very sorry to hear you had to come home to this after a great trip.

Sorry to hear about your tank, I agree it is always a fear - hate it when it becomes reality.

Bycjoe;888860 wrote: It seems that way, seen a couple in the past week or 2, off topic but are you feeling better Jeff? And Kris sorry to hear about the crash, got me kinda worried about leaving for a week next month as well.

I am doing better, thanks for asking!

Kris, I am right there with you bud, nothing is worse than a tank crash. You care so much about your system and the well being of its inhabitants... when you come home and loose that much stuff overnight it just makes you sick. This is an incredible hobby and is very rewarding; however, on the flip side it can be absolutely devastating when something like this happens (as I too have just experienced).

Hang in there Kris!

JeffMuse;888978 wrote: I am doing better, thanks for asking!

Kris, I am right there with you bud, nothing is worse than a tank crash. You care so much about your system and the well being of its inhabitants... when you come home and loose that much stuff overnight it just makes you sick. This is an incredible hobby and is very rewarding; however, on the flip side it can be absolutely devastating when something like this happens (as I too have just experienced).

Hang in there Kris!

Thanks Everyone.

I thought the tank crash was the worst thing but I was informed I was replaced at work by a cheaper employee.

So its safe to say ill be done with the Fish scene for a bit

PFCDeitz;888980 wrote: Thanks Everyone.

I thought the tank crash was the worst thing but I was informed I was replaced at work by a cheaper employee.

So its safe to say ill be done with the Fish scene for a bit

Wow Kris that is devastating. So sorry to hear. I will pray that the closing of this door just means a bigger brighter shiner (better paying) door opens.

Back