Grendal Sighting!!!!

flyingarmy

Market
Reaction score
While trying to catch my sick Black Seabae, I never did, I heard my nephew excitedly scream "What the heck is that?" I said calmly, "meet Grendal....my at least 24" long, 3/4" thick bristle worm." He was wrestling with a Blue Legged hermit for a piece of shrimp. At one point I was afraid the hermit was going to become the meal. This was the farthest out I had ever seen Grendal and it was my chance to rid my tank of this monstrosity! Well the tongs clamped nicely around its thick body since usually the bristle worms tear when trying to snatch them out..but this was a firm hold. I slowly tried to withdraw it out of it's rock but he over powered the tongs and shrunk back into hiding. Hopefully next time I'll have a better chance and might use 2 tongs! Sorry for the bad pick, had to use my iPhone.
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
184587=11210-photo.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
184587=11210-photo.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="photo.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

I doubt he will come back out for a while...I am sure me clamping down on him scared it pretty bad!

mark, why not set a trap for him? like a clear film canister with a hole in the lid with the slitted barbs facing inward with a piece of food inside? near his lair.

Mark, time to grab a 2" PVC section and some end-caps to make a trap. You can also use one of those reducing bushings that looks like a funnel.

You'll need a pretty big tube, though since you'll want him to have to crawl all the way inside.

You could also incorporate some of the clear riser tubing that they use for undergravel filters so you can see when something is inside.

That thing is a monster. If my wife saw something like that in my system, she'll never come near the tank again.

I was thinking a small guided torpedo with a shape charge!!!

Honestly I think the clear tube with a funnel entrance would work best. It has to be hungry if it came out that far this time. Thanks for all the suggestions!

man that thing is looks so nasty. i felt my kidneys crawl from looking at it or is that the liquor from magic city mondays

You can also make a panty hose trap for these things. "Borrow" some of your wife's panty hose and stick a shrimp in it. Place it in the tank weighted down with a rock or something else. The bristleworm spines will get caught in the panty hose during the night as they attempt to get to the shrimp. In the morning you just remove the hose with the worms still attached and place it back in your wife's drawer. Good times.

Back