Group buy on Vortech MP40 and MP20-PM for details.

acroholic

Lifetime
Reaction score
Guys, there is a group buy on Vortech MP40 and MP20 pumps going on on another forum. Significant savings. If you are unaware of the group buy, PM me and I'll fill you in. Basically, there is one level of savings at 5-12 units sold, and another at 12+ units sold. They are almost at the 12+ level for the MP40.
Dave

can you break down how much are we going to save for each level?

thx,
thanh

Anyone that PMs me will get the link for the group buy. I have no financial interest in it, and I have not organized it. Pricing is not being posted publicly, but handled thru PM.
Dave

Is this the reef2reef group buy that you are referencing? I don't think its against forum rules to point it out...

http://reef2reef.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14674">http://reef2reef.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14674</a>

It's been going on for awhile. The price is decent. A lot of vendors will give you that price though or even lower if you talk to them over the phone... They're simply not allowed to publicly list prices below retail though.

anyone roughly know the prices?? If you don't wanna post you can PM -I don't wanna set up an acct. there just to find out a price on these that I may or may not get-if someone readily knew-

A retailer is not allowed to post the prices but I don't see why we can't... If its against any rules then mods please remove this info with my blessing :). They still need more people to reach the 5+ levels for the mp40w but apparently there are quite a few that are in if they reach the 12+.

MP40W:

<u>5-11:</u> $390 shipped
<u>12+:</u> $360 shipped

MP20:

<u>5-11:</u> $280 shipped
<u>12+:</u> $250 shipped

It's decent, especially because it includes shipping.

I put a WTB thread up on reefcentral for vortechs and got a few pms from retailers that offered them for a lil lower than that but didn't include shipping.

I wonder what their actual cost is then...-I know they've gotta make a decent markup b/c it's not like they're selling 100 units/day-lol

I did not post the prices out of respect for the Vendor on Reef 2 Reef because he did not want them on a public forum, and wanted them handled through private messaging. But I cannot stop anyone else from doing it.
Dave

It's against his K to publish prices below retail. There is nothing legally or ethically wrong with us posting the prices. It saves people time and the hassle.

At least that's my understanding! :)

Unfortunately, there is not much profit in them; you won't really find them for less (new, not stolen, etc.)

WOW. I would love to have an MP40...but I dont have the cabbage right now.

How long before the place the order?

Back