Group Buys for the remainder of the year

porpoiseaquatics

Market
Reaction score
I'm interested to find out what you guys would like as group buys for the rest of this year. I don't know if you are looking for equipment, chemicals, accessories, livestock.......what? So I've put up a poll. Mind you, this is a general poll. After these results, it may get more defined.

Poll is open 7 days from today. You can vote for more than one item as I'm going to attempt a minimum of 2 but hopefully 3 before the end of the year.

Wahoo! First vote is mine.

Jeff this is a great idea, thanks for getting it started. Please let me know if you would like any help (either contacting distributors or organizing) I haven't done one of these before but would like to learn.

Sewer Urchin;956568 wrote: Wahoo! First vote is mine.

Jeff this is a great idea, thanks for getting it started. Please let me know if you would like any help (either contacting distributors or organizing) I haven't done one of these before but would like to learn.

I appreciate the offer and I may just take you up on it at some point.

I voted salt because it is one thing that we will ALL always need- and getting the price down on a quality mix means a lot for our reefs.

However I can see how getting 200 boxes/buckets of salt in, unloaded, and distributed could be a pain- even more so if it's by the barrel. But I'm sure we could work something out.

Not able to vote on tapatalk, but carbon/gfo and salt are my choices in that order.

How about aquariums? There was a quasi-group buy a couple years ago with a dealer in TX.

JBDreefs;957020 wrote: How about aquariums? There was a quasi-group buy a couple years ago with a dealer in TX.

Personally....I don't have the space to handle such an item and on top of that, I wouldn't want the liability. Finally, and I could be wrong on this one but I don't think it would be as appealing to the masses as something that is consumed on a regular basis such as foods or salt or chemicals.

I'm not saying it's out but just not something I am targeting this year.

This just came to me but what if I could get 200g boxes of Instant Ocean for $35/box? How many would be interested? I'm asking up front so I can see if I can get the deal done.

Jeff, I'd look into a different mix for a salt group buy. Nothing against IO, but Some of our sponsors are known to have it for about that price

Just thought about something else...
about once a year someone organizes a group buy on filter socks. I've got the distributors name around here somewhere if you need it.

Absolutely no way should there be a club sponsored group buy on living animals. With losses being a given, the club would inherit liability. That's just asking for trouble.

Yea. I'd have to agree. I think we should stick with nonperishable items. RO filters, maybe reactors, WP 10,25,40. Chems., light bulbs- T5, MH.

Back