halide bulbs, why the big price difference?

I tried XM bulbs and hated them. Best rendition hands down in a Halide bulb I ever had was from a brand called Helios, which are not sold any more. I like Radiums the best, with Phoenix a close second. I prefer my spectrum a bit on the 20K side, which Radiums are.

Radium is probably the favorite halide bulb among reefers. What is best is really a matter of opinion and whatever one likes.

Try the eBay bulbs if you want. There are those that like them. I buy my Radium replacements on sale. Got my replacement Radium 400 watters just a couple weeks ago for $59 each from Hamilton Technology during their 20% off sale. Got them for $56 each from ReefGeek the year before that.

yeah, im thinking im going to be in the 60$ each range no matter which ones i pick. just gotta pick one and go with it. I also have RB full spectrum value leds for supplement, so im thinking the 14k, based on all that i have read. Gotta hide this purchase from the wife, whe would never understand $120 on 2 lightbulbs.

benpoole28;993898 wrote: yeah, im thinking im going to be in the 60$ each range no matter which ones i pick. just gotta pick one and go with it. I also have RB full spectrum value leds for supplement, so im thinking the 14k, based on all that i have read. Gotta hide this purchase from the wife, whe would never understand $120 on 2 lightbulbs.

Given what mine spends on purses she has no room to talk :lol2:

Camellia;993890 wrote: Ive the Phoenix SE and happy with them. Not sure why Tonymissions said to only buy DE Phoenix, JMO.

I don't have a problem with Phoenix SE, but the thought process behind what I was saying is that i would use Radium bulbs if I had a SE fixture. Most fixtures aren't SE so you don't have a choice unless you want a 150w radium.

I run Phoenix bulbs on my display because I think they're the best DE bulbs and I have a DE fixture there. I run Radiums on my frag tank because I think they're the best SE bulbs and happen to have a SE fixture there. :)

Back