Hana calcium test

charlieborg

Market
Reaction score
I am wondering if I am doing this right? Turn on unit, add 1 ml of reagent A, fill the tube with DI water till reaches the line, shake and put in tester and hit button, wait till it zeros, then take out and add 0.1 ml of (tank sample?) Add reagent B, shake and put back in tester hit button again and you have your reading aftert a few seconds.

So my question is this right?

IMG_1729.JPG

Yes, that’s the correct process.

After you dissolve the reagent at the end, I find it helpful to swirl it and tip it around to get the bubbles out. You don’t want bubbles at all.

Also, clean the cuvette with a microfiber before taking readings.

The calcium test was way more complicated than some of the other hanna checkers! I also read that the readings will get off if you don't use and clean with a special distilled (or something like that?) water - RODI isn't good enough. Wish I could remember more details but just be sure to google the upkeep!

Sounds right to me. I just got mine this weekend. Watching youtube videos helped me understand how to use it. I also am using rodi water

It took me about 3 or 4 times doing it to not need the directions . They are each a little different with the process . The alk checker is the easiest 1 step . Phosphate ULR is 2 .

I rinse all my vials with rodi after each use. After about 3 or 4 tests I wash & rinse in tap water then do a final dip & rinse in a Tupperware filled with rodi.

With any tests that have multiple components I get all reagents and pouches ready before I start. With the ultra low PO4 and Cal tests I try to get all the reagent out of the pouches by scraping the seems and tapping them repeatedly.

With most of the ICP test I send out I do a full panel of tests at the same time I pull the sample o send off. The ICP results have mostly been within the error margin of the test kits I use.

I rinse all my vials with rodi after each use. After about 3 or 4 tests I wash & rinse in tap water then do a final dip & rinse in a Tupperware filled with rodi.

With any tests that have multiple components I get all reagents and pouches ready before I start. With the ultra low PO4 and Cal tests I try to get all the reagent out of the pouches by scraping the seems and tapping them repeatedly.

With most of the ICP test I send out I do a full panel of tests at the same time I pull the sample o send off. The ICP results have mostly been within the error margin of the test kits I use.
I am currently logging a month worth of test and then sending off for an icp.

Back