Hanna ULR Checker Readings

mikedawg

Reaction score
I live in Dekalb county and my Hanna 1774 (the newest model) gives me readings of phosphate levels in tap water of .13 consistently. I am very careful to follow testing protocols. My BRS 5 Stage Plus RO/DI unit produces water with a phosphate reading of .08 and 0 tds and I have recently changed the sediment filter and carbon blocks; the membrane is about 3 years old but I only make about 10 gallons a week. So, two questions:

Do others who live in Dekalb get the same or similar readings from tap water and, secondly, will replacing the membrane on my RO/DI unit produce phosphate levels closer to 0? I haven't been able to find much research on what the membrane actually removes.

Thanks much for your help.

I can't help you with the Dekalb question but your DI resin should be removing ALL phosphate. Have you replaced it recently? You might want to consider running dual stage DI resin so that as the first one becomes less effective, the second keeps the water clean. When the first is exhausted, move the second cartridge into the first spot and add the new one in the second stage spot.

Back