Harlequin Tuskfish in the reef?

vettesarebest

Market
Reaction score
I am wondering what your guys opinion is on putting one of these in a 75 gallon reef? I read they will eat snails and hermits but my Hawkfish already does that. He would be with a pair of Large Gold Stripe Maroons, Hawkfish, Blue Tang. Yah or nah?:huh:

They are great, but that might be a bit small for it. The Australian ones are the best. A relatively timid fish, despite its looks.

Yeah I have none of those like I said thanks to my Pixie Hawk. So they should go nicely together. Do you think it would harass my other tank mates? Also I have a very good filtration system and I do water changes weekely..

SShindell;64406 wrote: Todd- they are very reef safe, unless you are a shrimp, crab, or snail!

Or a small fish.

I think you should be fine with the fish that you have Vette.If he doesnt work out for you Ill buy the tusk from you.

The only small fish I have is my male gold stripe Maroon, I am working on getting him bigger at the moment, he is about 3 inches.

well a gold stripe Maroon fish can take care of himself so you should be fine.

Don't listen to me then... but don't cry when your tank is decimated either.

Alright lol Todd sorry man two to one, they have talked me into it. I am very confident that my Maroon male can hold his own because if anything happend the big *** female would step in.

Vettesarebest;64487 wrote: male can hold his own because if anything happend the big *** female would step in.

Isn't that just always the way............

So you have no snails or hermits in your tank at all? It's hard to believe that a lil flame hawk can decimate turbo snails... :)

My Flame got its sissy butt kicked by a little hermit now he minds his manors

Well, I still have my larger turbos but all of my blue legs are gone I have seen him eat them. I see him eating one and I tap on the glass and he looks at me like i'm an idiot.

Back