has anyone ever ....

victor626nj

Market
Reaction score
done there aquascape basically on one side of the tank going down on a slope to the othe side ...io want to try this out that way i have room on the other side of my tank for clams to grow on the sand bed ....think its a good idea and has it been done...this will also allow me to stack my rock higher and make more shelves......here is a sketch on what i might look like ...please all input is welcome thanks
victor
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
143427=8956-2.bmp_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
143427=8956-2.bmp_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="2.bmp_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

another great thing is that i will block the over flow by doing so ...only thing is the left side and the front are the two sides that i normally see so this will block the left side of my view

Xyzpdq0121;143432 wrote: Yep, the major problem you have is with flow and dead spots...
you know what i have not even though about that ...thats very important looks like its not gonna work ...think imma have to get a bigger tank:D

I've seen it done online.
I would think if you put all your power heads on the open side it would create some good laminar flow, and with the right PH do away with the dead spots, or maybe even a power head/ return under the rock work.
From the pics I have seen it does look good.

well i have a tunze 6080 and a tunze 6045 ...its a 90 so i think flow is enough

Victor,

I dislike tanks whose aquascaping is symetrical...like someone dropped a pile of rocks in the center of a tank. If the finer points of the plan (circulation, etc.) would work, I'd like to see a tank with this arrangement.

Boldly go where no man has gone!

I don't think it is a problem flow wise as the "Jake Effect" would work nicely, but if you plan on really piling up the rocks I might drop a MJ or two in the rock.

see another problem i see it that i want to get a wavemaker probably two vortechs or 4 tunzes 4055 on a controller and this will limit my space for placement of the pumps ....im gonna try something with my aquascape in the next few days and will keep you guys posted ...i have to get a new ro/di to make water for the tank then ill do it

i need someone who is really good at aquascaping a tank ...any body want to come over and help any day is fine with me .....thanks
victor

Alan did something similar to this at one point. Check his blog I'm sure there's a pic of it in there somewhere. Go for it man :).

Curator;143463 wrote: What is "the Jake Effect," and what is an "MJ?"
MJ is a MaxiJet. The Jake Effect is basically a way of summarizing Jake Adams work on flow. It gets into a lot of various theories he has worked on. The two big ones that kinda make up the "effect" includes laminar flow actually working better than chaotic flow and by designing powerheads so they push water in the same direction using gravity and the waters own motion to make a slower powerhead push water faster. You can read a lot more about his research here:

a>

Victor626nj;143454 wrote: i need someone who is really good at aquascaping a tank ...any body want to come over and help any day is fine with me .....thanks
victor

vic, do it like mine more holes and caves with less rock pulled away from the glass.

You can drill your rocks and build pcv towers but don't know if this is a good idea with a tank that is already cycled.

showthread.php

Back