Hello again, old friends! Hi new people!

miklaur

Reaction score
Hi there,

We have been reefing for almost six years now and originally joined ARC back in 12/2010. We started with a biocube 29 and were able to accomplish amazing things in that tank. We eventually upgraded to a 75/20 with T5 lighting, which is still up and running to this day. I had a minor de-oxyginization event that a few of my fish didn't like at all, God rest their souls. Anyway, we were about to get out of the hobby and sent out signal flares to friends and family on social media trying to find homes for the rest of our still living critters. (I didn't yet fully understand what was going on and thought that a major crash was occuring. I fixed the oxygen issue and did a major water change and everyone was happy.) My biggest lead for someone reefing locally (I'm in Cumming) was a neighbor just down the road who might be able to help us out. It turns out he hadn't even gotten his tank setup yet and wanted to get rid of it. So, I am in the process of getting a new 90 setup. I went with a 30 gallon sump this time and am custom building the filtration system as opposed to using someone elses design. My interest and excitement in the hobby has been renewed and I have rejoined ARC. Hello again! Anyone still around from 2011?

Best,
Mike

P.S.
If you are wondering why we went dark with ARC, it was primarily due to the pessimistic perfectionists that were around back in 2011. We were and still are very adventurous with our tanks and got tired of people saying "you can't do that in a biocube," so we left. I'll give you an example. We were told there was NO WAY you can have an anenome in a tank that small. We grew a small condy into an amazing creature over a span of 9 months who was the absolute star of our tank until I crashed it (my fault.) I know that many members back then couldn't keep anenomes alive for a month let alone 6 or more and the funny thing is that I've never gotten an anenome to live that long since then.

P.P.S
I am looking forward to a fresh start here and really hope that I can have fun with this again! Trading and visiting people's houses and seeing their amazing tanks was so much fun and I'm looking forward to that as well.

I'm sorry I had to attach. I don't have an easy way to drop them inline with a URL. Any ideas?
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
1095082=68475-8720aa400ec6afa4685ff684e4def0b2.jpg
>
1095082=68475-8720aa400ec6afa4685ff684e4def0b2.jpg
class="gc-images" title="8720aa400ec6afa4685ff684e4def0b2.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a>
1095082=68476-IMG00384-20110301-0019.jpg
>
1095082=68476-IMG00384-20110301-0019.jpg
class="gc-images" title="IMG00384-20110301-0019.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a>
1095082=68473-IMG_0180 - Copy.jpg
>
1095082=68473-IMG_0180 - Copy.jpg
class="gc-images" title="IMG_0180 - Copy.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a>
fieldset>

Welcome back! I'm in Johns Creek and we have quite a few members in Cumming or nearby. Your always welcome to drop by my place.

Bcavalli;1095083 wrote: Welcome back! I'm in Johns Creek and we have quite a few members in Cumming or nearby. Your always welcome to drop by my place.

Awesome! Thanks, Brett! I cover the whole state for my job, so I'm down that way quite a bit. Anyone up this way? I'm way on the North side of Cumming...

Welcome back Mike! I think that this time around, you will find that the good outweigh the bad and the ugly! :yay::up: We even manage to have a good time at our meetings. Shout out to David who just joined us during our Saturday meeting/training session. :yay::yay:

Welcome Mike, I just joined Saturday and really enjoyed the meeting and chatting. It's a great group!! I'm new to saltwater and about finished cycling a 90 gal. I'm Smyrna based.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for all of the hello's!

As for the camera, I had to think, haha. It was an Olympus TG-1 that took most of those photos. The macro function and low light abilities of the camera are really good for a fixed lense. Bought it primarily for the underwater abilities...

Back