Hello! New member alert 🚨

jeremy6174

Reaction score
My name is Jeremy. I have been reefing since 2011. I am a USMC veteran originally from Columbus, GA and now reside in Phenix City, AL. I know that’s not exactly in the Atlanta area but I consider Pure Reef my home store because it’s the one I travel to for in person shopping due to the store in Columbus closing some years ago.

In the past I have kept a 300 gallon, 75 gallon, and 40 breeder and my current tank is a 20 gallon innovative marine, it was used as a frag tank from 2016-2020 when I moved and was set back up in August when I couldn’t stand the new house without a tank. I am currently maintaining a 20 gallon nano tank with plans to add a 60 cube in the next year or two depending on work and if we stay in the area or move closer to Atlanta.

I am currently pursuing my MS and MBA in IT management, so I am not riddled with a lot of free time but I am always interested in frag swaps or meet ups on the weekends and am always willing to drive up to Atlanta in order to do so.

I am on instagram @jd_reefing if you would like to see my current system, it will reach the 1 year mark in August.

I currently run an Orphek Atlantik iCon Compact for lighting (complete overkill, but it’s my intended light for the 60 cube later down the road), Aquamaxx NF-1 skimmer, MP-10 for flow, Eheim Jager for heat, and the return pump is a tunze 1073, and in the summer I add a fan over the surface of the water to aid in cooling.

Thanks for having me!

Hey Jeremy. Welcome to the fold old reefer! I hope you can make it to our frag swap next weekend. I look forward to meeting you.

Hey Jeremy, welcome! I’m in your area as well. I work in Columbus. FYI, supporting members get a 10% discount at most (ARC sponsors) of the stores in Atlanta, as well as other benefits. There’s a frag sale/swap event happening 6/8 in/near Decatur. Might be something worth checking out for ya. Lots of good deals on livestock and dry goods on here, and great info from fellow reefers. Welcome again!

Back