Help finding a fish...scorpionfish to be exact!

stroid

Market
Reaction score
I have been searching for specific kind of scorpion fish. It is called the pink and yellow dwarf scorpionfish, Sebastapistes cyanostigma. This is considered one of the only reef safe dwarf scorpionfish in the reef hobby. Although not an expensive fish it is rather difficult to find. The reason for my post is to get suggestions on how to acquire this particular fish. I have found a link which posted below which has a little more detail. Thaigo maybe you know since you posted on the thread. So please let me know of any retailers local or online that you may know of that can get me this fish. Thanks

Isn't she pretty!
</em>
sebastapistes_221.jpg
alt="" />

viewtopic.php

I just got a little info from Matt over at Reefs.org and he said to check to see if any of our LFS use the wholesalers Aquatic Specialties and Pets in Hayward CA and Quality Marine in LA. Does anyone know if our LFS use these vendors? Cost whole sale is about $10.

On a whim, I called Aquatic Specialty and they haven't had one in 3 months and does not supply anyone in GA currently.

He did say they are from Tonga. He hasn't had shipment from Tonga in a while, but if you find another distributor local that gets things from Tonga maybe you'll find one.

Ziad, if you do find a place to get them, can you let me know? He looks small enough to not eat my other fish.

Definitly will let you know Loren and if I find several I may buy them all. This little guy is so neat he is usually found resting on coral branches such as pocillepora (sp). They have been known to live with inverts with no problems but still give you that aggressive scorpionfish look. I will find one it will just be a matter of time.

Stroid;104907 wrote: Definitly will let you know Loren and if I find several I may buy them all. This little guy is so neat he is usually found resting on coral branches such as pocillepora (sp). They have been known to live with inverts with no problems but still give you that aggressive scorpionfish look. I will find one it will just be a matter of time.

Put me on the list if you round some up, please

You got it Kirk if I find a vendor wholesale or retail. I will let you guys know I have called Optimum, Petland Alp, Nemo, Avarium, Capp Bay, Petland Dunwoody all of them will get back to me.

tito;104954 wrote: marine fish had some . they get them all the time

Not with that coloring they dont. They allways have the orange Toadfish's.<span style="font-size: 1-1px;">
url

I would be interested in one as well if you have any luck finding them.

Also to clarify the $10 wholesale price I posted earlier is what Matt from Reefs.org guestimated from his experience. Odds are I wont find them at whole sale prices but from my research $30-$40 is about the price of these fish (hopefully im right). Also I called marine fish they are gonna search and let me know.

I posted this on RC and a vendor from Ohio said he can get me that fish within 3 weeks(needs to order it) . I replied back saying I would be in to purchase 3 of them possibly 4. I am waiting on a response on price and shipping. Loren, Kirk, 46bfinga can you guys confirm if you will want one if the price is decent and shipping is good.

Yeah, sure! Thanks for doing this. Just let me know the price before you do the order.

Most definitly Loren if its super expensive I am not going to order and I will confirm with all of you before I make any commitments.

You got it Linda. Ill keep everyone posted...he is still checking on the availability I have no idea how many he can get yet.

Stroid;105254 wrote: You got it Linda. Ill keep everyone posted...he is still checking on the availability I have no idea how many he can get yet.

Ummm... how difficult is the care of this little guy? Think I'll need to stock up on *live gut-packed ghost shrimp* ? Are those sold locally?

yes ghost shrimp are easy to get and you can feed them mysis. it may take some training to get them to do so but they will. From my research they are fairly hardy fish and can be easily trained to accept frozen food. You can also feed live guppies from a LFS, and a ton of other live foods. Best bet is ghost shrimp and mysis from my readings.

Back