Help - Fish stuck in drain/return bay

smanenti

Reaction score
I have a chromis who jumped the gate and is now stuck in the back corner of my tank where the drain/return pvc pipes are. I tried turning off the pump and wedging my hand down in there with a net to get him out but he keeps hiding at the bottom behind the pipes making it impossible to catch. Any thoughts???

21c0c07f1a9527efbbb64727003cec58.jpg
alt="" />

Ha. Nevermind. I tried for an hour before posting this and then ended up catching him within a minute of the post. That was NOT easy!!!

I had this happen with a bangai... Couldn't catch him so I pulled the drain pipe from the bulkhead.... Down the pipes he went and in to the filter sock. I picked him up and put him back. He's still going strong!

Glad you got yours!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had a peppermint shrimp do that a few times on me, only solution was pulling drain pipe too. Glad you got it out.

You can also stuff filter floss in the overflow forcing the fish to the surface where it can easily be netted. A little less scary for the fish I would assume. Of course the drain pipe may be like riding a water slide. :)

oldedb;979545 wrote: I had this happen with a bangai... Couldn't catch him so I pulled the drain pipe from allthe bulkhead.... Down the pipes he went and in to the filter sock. I picked him up and put him back. He's still going strong!

Glad you got yours!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

X2 my chromis stayed in my overflow until I installed the plastic mesh over the teeth now no problems at

rdnelson99;979561 wrote: you can also stuff filter floss in the overflow forcing the fish to the surface where it can easily be netted. A little less scary for the fish i would assume. Of course the drain pipe may be like riding a water slide. :)

lol

Back