Help me find a brand / tank

snowmansnow

Market
Reaction score
I’d like a cube.. around 50g ish. Reef ready. Rimless and starfire. I’d like something nice as it would be in view a lot … what should I look for and where do I find it?
Thanks
B1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’d like a cube.. around 50g ish. Reef ready. Rimless and starfire. I’d like something nice as it would be in view a lot … what should I look for and where do I find it?
Thanks
B1

This IM 40 EXT is on liquidation right now at Marine Depot. Get their APC aluminum stand to go with it, you will love it! Better hurry! An MP 40 Vortech on the back wall would be nice too ;)

Fwiw, I have 3 Innovative Marine models & love their quality, starfire construction.

Fwiw, you can buy the stand from another vendor, as it appears the aluminum APC model stand that matches the 40 gal tank is out of stock at Marine Depot.

This IM 40 EXT is on liquidation right now at Marine Depot. Get their APC aluminum stand to go with it, you will love it! Better hurry! An MP 40 Vortech on the back wall would be nice too ;)

Fwiw, I have 3 Innovative Marine models & love their quality, starfire construction.

I saw this post and I thought the same thing. External also!! Only way to go in my opinion.

I love making my own stands:/
Thanks m a luthier and dig wood working ha

But gah… acrylic :/
I had a 120 acrylic and it was impossible to not scratch :(

There are other model tanks for sale there, but nothing on liquidation like that 40 gal IM EXT model

But gah… acrylic :/
I had a 120 acrylic and it was impossible to not scratch :(

It’s an all Starfire glass tank.

The acrylic is just a black panel across the inside of the back, which also forms the weir.

Or is it glass… doesn’t say ha

That tank is all Starfire glass with an acrylic panel across the inside of the back glass. I have 2 of these in different sizes.

Actually a good deal AND bean animal overflow which I’ve always wanted
Just bought it

Congratulations on a great buy & especially getting a great tank. I think you’re going to love it!

Fwiw,
Look for a Spears brand 1 inch gate valve to use on that Herbie overflow to adjust the water level with. It will be important to precisely tune the overflow level & Spears gate valves are the best for doing that.

It’s 24 x20 so the front is 24 right?
Just stand planning

Fwiw,
Look for a Spears brand 1 inch gate valve to use on that Herbie overflow to adjust the water level with. It will be important to precisely tune the overflow level & Spears gate valves are the best for doing that.

Hmmm was looking at that actually and there are a lot of gate valves…

Amazon
Spears pvc gate valve non rising stem buns-n o-ring????

You can use either slip connection or threaded. I prefer threaded, as they can be undone and/or re-used (oops proof).

BRS has them for less $$ but add tax & shipping, below a certain order size. Other vendors may be less, so you might want to look around.

There’s a video about how to tune the Herbie. It’s not complicated, but it does need to be done right, so it’s quiet.

Back