HELP NEEDED URGENTLY

UPDATE:
Besides the expected death of the mandarin and UNexpected death of the PJ Cardinal everything else is doing fine, including the filefish! It’s not as active as it was when Shawn first brought it but maybe it’s just settled in now. Eating and no change in condition. Other fish and inverts are all five e so who knows?
Soecial thanks to @Steve Burton, @hzheng33 and @Shawn

So, turns out it is ich. Wish I had figured that out with the mandarin but was told they aren’t susceptible to it so put it to the side. My son with young eyes came over yesterday. He loves the reef tank, saw ich all over almost every fish and pointed it out to Tyler. Asked my friend @hzheng33 who gave me a recommendation for a whole tank treatment. Tyler had to drive down to Chamblee to find it but Polyp Labs Medic was what Hui recommended and as I called all the lfs’s trying to find some they all agreed it was our best bet. Interestingly the tangs seem to be the least affected by it, Royal Gramma was loaded with it. I added an air stone to the tank to increase oxygenization and we gave the first dose last night after lights out and again this morning. Tyler said everyone is alive and well and eating this morning and he felt like the gramma had cleared up a lot. We shall see, have to give the Medic twice a day for minimum of 10 days, max 20 days. Any recommendations welcome. Maybe it would be best to treat for 14 days to be sure?

So, turns out it is ich. Wish I had figured that out with the mandarin but was told they aren’t susceptible to it so put it to the side. My son with young eyes came over yesterday. He loves the reef tank, saw ich all over almost every fish and pointed it out to Tyler. Asked my friend @hzheng33 who gave me a recommendation for a whole tank treatment. Tyler had to drive down to Chamblee to find it but Polyp Labs Medic was what Hui recommended and as I called all the lfs’s trying to find some they all agreed it was our best bet. Interestingly the tangs seem to be the least affected by it, Royal Gramma was loaded with it. I added an air stone to the tank to increase oxygenization and we gave the first dose last night after lights out and again this morning. Tyler said everyone is alive and well and eating this morning and he felt like the gramma had cleared up a lot. We shall see, have to give the Medic twice a day for minimum of 10 days, max 20 days. Any recommendations welcome. Maybe it would be best to treat for 14 days to be sure?
Strange. I always read that Mandarins couldn't get it because of their toxic slime coat. Well, I'm glad to learn that they can. I'm sorry you're going through that :(

OMG Nancy! First glad that you're out of the hospital and following doctors orders to get yourself healed. I'm sorry to hear about the trials and tribulations with your fish. Go figure, guess Murphy's Law continues to happen to all of us. Kudos to your grandson! what a catch by him. You guys have a young reefer in training! Poor Mr. T! I think you really set him up! You wanted to test his aquarium knowledge skills.:) I say he passed with flying colors!:) Blessings for a speedy recovery for you and your little fishes!

Update: Have been adding Polyp Labs Medic now since Saturday night so the tank itself has been treated 8 times. Still have a minimum of 6 days to go with it but no more fish deaths and the Royal Gramma, who really looked the worst has improved significantly. I see no spots on anyone else but still we one on the RG. Thankfully though it is out swimming actively and eating voraciously. Our largest clown was not eating yesterday in the display and according to Tyler not acting right at all. No visual signs of illness other than the lack of appetite and he was able to easily catch it. I’m pretty sure it is the female of the pair. In hospital tank with copper. Looks great but still won’t eat. I can’t tell if it is illness, stress from being separated from its mate, or copper killing her appetite? Anyone have any ideas there? Looks pristine, no a white spot to be seen and this clown is predominately black.
I’m feeling hopeful that we won’t be losing any more fish. All inverts are doing well. Only thing that is not opening up as normal is the 2 green hairy mushrooms but they aren’t closed and their colors are good.

Back