Help Now Yellow Tang Injury

blind1993

Market
Reaction score
MY yellow tangs mouth got caught in my mj900. what should i do?
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
137124=8475-yellow tang injury 032.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
137124=8475-yellow tang injury 032.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="yellow tang injury 032.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a>
137124=8476-yellow tang injury 033.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
137124=8476-yellow tang injury 033.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="yellow tang injury 033.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a>
137124=8473-yellow tang injury 034.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
137124=8473-yellow tang injury 034.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="yellow tang injury 034.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

wow sorry for that man i guess just hope for the best and feed him to see if he eats how it get cought dont you have a cover on it?

the cover fell off, i feed the fish 2 times a day. this morning it looked plump and now it looks liek that.

happened today.

yeah try and feed him dude thats the only thing i can advise and try and use some garlic hope he come back from this

should i try right now or when i usually feed? i have no garlic with me but will get some.

should i shut the lights and power heads off and just leave the skimmer and canister on?

Thats sad, I feel sorry for the little guy! Hope he gets to feeling better. Fish usually heal up pretty quick.

My god- this fish is really unhealthy. When is the last time you fed nori or something? A run in with a maxijet will not cause the fish to look like it's been starving for a month.

Leave your system the way it is, but you've GOT to feed that poor fish...

my dad told me it got caught in the strainer and it will not eat flakes, or seaweed.

i feed it nori every 2 days. also she is pooping contsantly.

If the fish is hungry, it will eat. Give it food - the fish should look fat, not like a skeleton. Forget about the fact that the fish got caught in a powerhead and focus on feeding it - try red algae, green algae, brine shrimp - anything.

i tried flakes and green seaweed(made for fish) no luck. i am going to get some mysis later tonight.

ok dawgdude i guess i might have to stop with flakes and go with mysis and home made food.

i am going to thaw my howmade food and see if she will eat that.

dude goto petsmart and get the julian sprungs seaweed in the silver package. They make a green and purple (or red) get the purple (or red) one. My yellow devours it. Make sure you have a clip too and stick it on your glass. Hopefully that works.....cuz man...that fish is not is good health by any means.

i have red and the yellow never liked it. i hope it will eat some mysis or babby brine(live from aquarium showcase)

yeah i suggest if he wont eat after everything mentioned that you shot off the lights and let him just rest

ok i am going to petland at around 7 to get all of these things(worth more than the yellow, but dont wanna lose the yellow) i will try to feed it every day with all of the above.

I've had a lot of luck with the Julian Sprung's in the green package. Even my clowns would go after it. It's worth a shot. I can bring you a couple of sheets when we meet for the palys if you'd like.

Back