Help!!!!!! Possible tank crash

We will need more details then that in order to help you.

Why do you say your system is crashing?

Have you tested your tank parameters since finding what ever issue you are worried about crashing your system?

In most situations it's a good idea to do an immediate water change to start with. But I wouldn't make that call officially until you give us some more details as to what is happening.

Jakub

I would just do some water changes for a few days and let it fall the rest of the way naturally.

image_zps3921nrkf.jpeg
alt="" /></a>

Man, you've had some rough patches with the tank. Hope it works out ok - no one seems to be panicking for you, which is a good sign.

140 g DT and a 50 G sump, the ATO reservoir was 30G with max saturation of kalk

Remove livestock and place in temp containers or keep everything in DT and do massive w/c? There is a white Kalk film covering everything in the DT! I pretty sure it's all the ca precipitating

Yeah I agree. Just do a nice big water change. Might need to do smaller daily water changes afterwards to keep getting it back on track. Tough call on the fish. I would think they should be fine being left in the DT.

I'd bet the fish will be fine. The biggest issue will be the pH swing, but even that isn't awful. Id do a big (35-50%) water change today and then 15% for the next few days to bring it back down. Maybe run some carbon too?

Everything should be fine.

I'd start by measuring your pH. If the pH is crazy high (above 9) go out and get a bottle of seltzer water. It will help drop the pH a little bit while you mix water. add and measure pH again. Dont drop the pH too fast as that is just as dangerous.

Thanks for all the help so far, Had to go back to work earlier so didn't have that much time at the house but to do quick fixes. When I get home this evening I should have about 70 gallons of salt water mixed to do a water change with. From the pics my wife sent me the tank is clearing up but it is covered in a white Kalk dust, rocks , Tank, corals etc. any suggestions on cleaning it up especially on the corals? Damage assessment will be this evening, hope all is well.....

Remember. Slow fixes. More big changes will only stress things out more. Do a good water change. Then get a turkey baster. Use that to blow off the kalk from the corals. You can also suck a lot of it out from the rocks with the siphon hose during the water change.

Crew;1063685 wrote: I'd bet the fish will be fine. The biggest issue will be the pH swing, but even that isn't awful. Id do a big (35-50%) water change today and then 15% for the next few days to bring it back down. Maybe run some carbon too?

Everything should be fine.

I'd start by measuring your pH. If the pH is crazy high (above 9) go out and get a bottle of seltzer water. It will help drop the pH a little bit while you mix water. add and measure pH again. Dont drop the pH too fast as that is just as dangerous.

Seltzer! Always learning something from you guys!

Such nice people here at this club, so many offers to help out :smlove2:

Camellia;1063708 wrote: Seltzer! Always learning something from you guys!

Such nice people here at this club, so many offers to help out :smlove2:
It's the co2. Dissolved co2 lowers ph

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Back