Help!!! RBTA EMERGENCY!

twistoflime

Market
Reaction score
Ok so the anemone was on 2 rocks when I got him, when he was all drip aclemated I set him and his rock in the tank. Of course the anemone looked horable then but the next morning he looked fine. So heres the thing, I noticed this 5 days ago, he has a rip running up to his mouth but it is only on one side, and he hasn't finished splitting. He could of been like this befor he ended up in my tank but still he might of started spliting in my tank. He hasn't finished spliting. Should I just cut him? I'm getting worried because he hasn't eaten since last wens. I will not beable to provide pictures, but pleas HELP!!!!:shout:

that's how they split and they can't eat while splitting.

Do you think you're going to help it eat by cutting it? I'd let nature run it's course; they'll usually only split when healthy.

What type of lighting do you have on the tank? They require lots of light.

Raj, mine split when he was obviously pissed off. But you don't even need to feed nems, it helps, but definitely not required they fend for themselves in the wild.

Steve;218909 wrote: Raj, mine split when he was obviously pissed off. But you don't even need to feed nems, it helps, but definitely not required they fend for themselves in the wild.

Pissed, but was he healthy?

Yeah, they don't need to be fed really.

Eh he turned really brown, not sure if color loss is a sign of good or bad health, but it definitely wasn't happy.

Hey um I guess your name is Steve... Since you work at marine fish I think you might know me. I am the anoying girl that is almost always in the store. I have short blonde hair. I'm only twelve. I have a 30g tank that I bought all the supplies for in your store. I also bought a fire fish goby. My sister comes with me alot to. She has short blonde hair aswell and is the person that bought a 5g tank to do freshwater but all of her 10 fish died within one week. You may not recognise me from this discription but next time I come to the store (probobly within 2 days) I will ask all the people there if they have a account on arc with the user name of Steve.

Haha I do know you. Just ask for me when you go in next time. I may be there.

Keep in mind, nems dont split over days....at least they typically dont. It's usually a process that is done over several hours. The lighting should be fine for him. Just keep an eye on it and let us know how things go.

Skriz;218919 wrote: Pissed, but was he healthy?

Yeah, they don't need to be fed really.

They also split when very unhealthy. As in a last resort to live... they increase their chances of survival by splitting up. Splitting does a lot of trauma but if they were going to die anyways... it makes sense to gamble. This is typically when you see a nem split into more than just 2. I've seen splits of 3, 4, and 5 with unhealthy specimens.

Nems can also absorb food from the water column, not to mention photosynthesis, so don't fret that its not eating directly.

Lee is right though that a healthy split will occur rather quickly. Unhealthy nems sometimes take days or weeks to finish splitting.

Double check your water parameters. They need NSW levels to operate their internal hydrolics and thus move their "muscles".

Back