Help - spot on shoulder of tang

JennM;354885 wrote: Wow - I've never gone that long on a FW dip. 10, maybe 15 mins if I got distracted.

I do know that too short a FW dip (ie for trematodes) is ineffective - I haven't pushed the limits of "too long".

Good to know that they can tolerate longer.

Jenn

That was THAT ONE clownnfish. I certainly am not suggesting it. I merely suggest you watch the fish for distress, and then end it. It may be 5 minutes, or you may get bored after an hour.

However, I doubt Id ever do a formalin dip for an hour, though. Even 30 minutes is pushing it for me.

oh heck, I can't even catch this little guy. I have been trying since the last post. This at least gives me time to warm up the fresh water for the 10 minute dip. I really appreciate everyones input. I realize that these types of issues and questions can be controversial, I really respected everyones input :)

Thank you Barbara. Cindy is sitting here with a fish trap trying to lure him in. I have krill in the bottom site of the trap in hopes that he will go in.

So my next question is, if I cannot catch this little rascel, do I just say screw it, or do I stay up all night to catch poop head?

Stay up all night to catch poop head.

Whether this is the right thing to do or not, I don't know.

It just sounds more fun to get you to do it. :)

Alright cr_500af, I owe you one :) I have far too many better things to do than catch a darn fish, like school work, oh, I won't bore you with my boring life :)

For those that are interested-- I used a trap to attempt to catch the tang last night, but that never worked. I gave up at 10:00, thankfully I did because when I got home tonight the spot is significantly smaller than it was yesterday. I would say that it's about a 1/4 of the size.

Yippie.. :)

Good! I hope it goes away for good! Every time I tried to trap a fish, the only thing stupid enough to get caught was my peppermint shrimp.... every... single... night.

Barry, I'm not laughing at you, instead I am laughing with you. I felt the pain last night when the darn clowns kept going in the trap. I tried everything to lure the darn tang in there. Well, the good thing is that I hope to not have to worry about it any more.

I've been in the same boat as Jeremy. I dipped his Chrysyrus angel for over an hour in freshwater and it was fine, swimming fine.

Ralph, the spot is much smaller. I'd say at least 1/4 of the size. I am going to keep an eye on him and hope for the best. I will keep this thread updated.

ok cool! just let me know, and I have a few methods to catch fish as a last resort.

Folks,

Thank you for all of the input and replies. I have to say that it appears that the spot was a sting by a coral or anenome. I am extremely relieved that it has healed and have to say that I need to remember to QT before putting the fish in my display. Thankfully what could have been a nightmare turned into something relatively simple and painless (to the owner).

Denise

Thank you. I was concerned that I would lose the tang, thankfully I didn't. I bet this guy will start keeping a better eye out for the corals. It does make sense though that a coral stung him because of his newness to the tank.

Back