help with bottom of my frag tank.

markl

Market
Reaction score
well my frag tank has a clear bottom. you can see the stand it sits on.should paint the top of the stand black or white? im using black egg crate but no sand so the bottom is clear and stand has white paint that needs touched up on it now . should i go black? the other option is to paint the bottom of the frag tank. but again white or black?

I think black would look really cool for a frag tank. It'll make the colors really pop.

I'd probably paint teh bottom of the tank black. But then again, if you paint the bottom of the tank white, you are reflecting more light back up into the system, so yay!

Mine is going on a glass table top so I am going to put black felt under it.

when i plumbed the tank in tonight i looked at the top of the stand an its white i thought the reflection may be good. i know black will look the best but if white will help with growing why not. on the other hand white egg seems to carry algea more then black . so if its all white am i going to have more algae. btw all 3 sides of the tank are black.

I was reading up on painting/covering your tank in colors for aesthetics and if it had any positive light gain, and the results were that if you paint your tank black or light blue, or use the stick on stuff.... the gain from light reflecting is so insignificant that you probably wont even notice it.. so go with whatever you like

Back