Hey old school reefers, got a purple digitata question

90gDreams

Supporting
Reaction score
I've purchased two "purple" digitata from online vendors at this point. Both are purple skin but brown polyps so they look brown most of the time. Isn't there a really purple variety, as in skin and polyps, or am I just misremembering things?

I've purchased two "purple" digitata from online vendors at this point. Both are purple skin but brown polyps so they look brown most of the time. Isn't there a really purple variety, as in skin and polyps, or am I just misremembering things?

Picture would make identifying easier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Picture would make identifying easier.

Not to concerned about what exactly I have as much as if what I want actually exists. I'm sure what I have is ORA purple digi.
1675605439728.png

Does something like this exist or is it picture magic games?

1675605622464.png

Might be the Milka Stylopora that Jake Adams Loved…

If it is purple digi, I love to have some.

Might be the Milka Stylopora that Jake Adams Loved…

If it is purple digi, I love to have some.

What I have is 100% the digi that the ORA represents as purple digi. I'm plenty smart enough to know a digi from a stylo. 👌

If you want a frag I'd be happy to give you some as I knocked a few branches off while scraping. 3/4-1" frags but you probably know how quick digi will grow.

Oddly has anyone ever caught on that forest fire appears to be identical to what used to be called pink smoothie?

What I have is 100% the digi that the ORA represents as purple digi. I'm plenty smart enough to know a digi from a stylo.

If you want a frag I'd be happy to give you some as I knocked a few branches off while scraping. 3/4-1" frags but you probably know how quick digi will grow.

I have fire forest and bubble gum digi if you like to have some.

I'd take some bubblegum. I'm currently trying to give away forest fire as I'm so over run with it.

I’ve pm’ed you, I hope you get the answer to your question!!

I don’t know but it seems like there are 2 kinds - one with brown skin & purple polyps and the other with purple skin & brown polyps.

Scratch that - the brown skin one seems to be called blue digi

I don’t know but it seems like there are 2 kinds - one with brown skin & purple polyps and the other with purple skin & brown polyps.

Scratch that - the brown skin one seems to be called blue digi
I have a German blue that unfortunately has been neglected and kicked around on the sand bed. After a deep clean now has a happy mount point. It's light green to blue Grey skin with light blue polyps. Could hardly see in the tank it was so overrun with corraline and film algae.

Purple polyp is I guess what I'm after.

Considering doing all cap and digi Monti at this point. Clear out some a couple acros and LPS to make room for a spogondes and confusa.

Got my Elkhorn monti a home now too after hanging around in the sand bed forever.

Back