holy exspensive fish batman!!!

I think if it died i would have to eat it or my wife would kill me for flushing it

we will never likely see a fish of that species that is that small ever offered again in our lifetimes. I bet it will be sold soon.

4 grand for the little guy? I wonder how long it'll take to sell him. Fascinating fish to watch in action. I wish I had an extra 4K to just throw around!

reef1973;93581 wrote: The highest paid fish that I've ever heard of was the Arawana (freshwater). $250,000.00!!!!
Hey, many of the Japanese Carps ( a fancier name for Koi) are going for 5 figures.

For the endangered blue one, I'd say that's an accurate figure. Especially if it had any size to it. The threatened red ones are availible via aquaculture, are overseen by CITES, and have to be microchipped like they can do for dogs and cats. The last time my wholesaler saw a red one, his cost was $3500. Silver ones don't get too expensive, unless you find yourself one in the 3.5 to 4 foot range.

Danny, I've passed the word along...

Imagine... TWO of those on the same premises! That's *crazy* I tell you!!!

When I worked in a koi farm, my boss brought in two of his japanese breeder fish from his resrerve pond in Arkansas. I had to carry in my arms, two $50,000 + fish about 30 feet, from the truck to the raceway. They were easily 2+ feet and weighed a good 15 pounds of gross wet slime. Talk about nerve racking. But they were the most perfect (per japanese standard) koi I have ever seen (in real life or in print).

Stroid,

Naw... don't got the $$$ to do that! Now it would be cool having both of them onsite, but I just don't see it happening.

Well, to each their own, I personally can't farthom the idea of spending $500,000 on Jewelery, but I'd drop that on an S7 Saleen in a heart beat when I can afford it................Can't wait too, for now, it's nickle and dimming trying to buy LR for .50 p/lb :^(

This fish is gone off divers den, so someone is getting a great x-mas present.

We are TRYING to get a guy for MACNA as a speaker that routinely has $40,000 marine fish....It would be interesting eye candy at least.

I think I will just stick to the $50 or less for me. They wo just fine or even better in my tank

Back