Holy Mysis my purple queen is eating

derek_s

Market
Reaction score
So today one of my purple queens just smapped, and decided to eat. Every day I put a little Arctic Pods in for her, and she never cares, but the other fish take care of it for me. Well, today, she went for it, pretty agressively!

So then, a little later I put some PE mysis in for the otehr bigger food eaters, and she went for that too! She tried to eat it, but the PE was a little big, and after a series of regurgitations it was whisked away by another fish.

But she seems to be eating good foods now!

The bad news is that teh otehr one has seemed to disappeared. Havent seen her in weeks, so I may just have one now.

My original thread:

showthread.php

That is GREAT news! Hopefully she has come around.

Derek_S;301006 wrote: but the PE was a little big, and after a series of regurgitations it was whisked away by another fish.

Great news! Congrats!

I have the same problem with my squarespot. Even though they are huge, they can't eat very large pieces of food. I take the Mysis and slice it with a razor knife while it is still frozen to make smaller pieces. It seems to work fine. Also for the squarespot, the more movement you have them more they like the food. If I turn off the flow, they seem disinterested.

Back