Home Depot Bucket Head - anyone like it?

tony_caliente

Market
Reaction score
This was the rage a few months ago. I thought it would be practical for cleaning smal sumps.

Thoughts?

ProductDisplay

Your the man for this post!I don't see why not quick easy practical.It seems just monitor how much water you drain i doubt it has any cut off to prevent you from sucking more then the bucket can hold!

Wait... I am not "The Man". I learned about it on ARC a few months ago. I just never had the use for it and now that I think I have a use for it, I was wondering what others thought. Maybe a member owns one and has something to say about it.

I have a commercial wet/vac that will suck a bowling ball through a garden hose. I was just looking for something that will suck-up the fine debris that accumulates on the bottom of my sump (only 15 gallon sump).

To call this a shop-vac is a mistake unless your shop is the size of a shoebox.

I've seen them here, they run the same price as the 9.5g shop vac I picked up, and that thing is no joke. For the money, it might be okay, but I wonder if it has the power to suck water.

i have one , and is realy good i used it to take down a 210 . and to get the water out of the sump , when is full it will not suck any more water . best 19.99 i ever spent

I posted it in the "useful items and where to get them thread" I use it for all my water changes on the 45.....the good part is it cuts off when it fills up to a certain level. It sucks water easily and picks up debris no probs. I think it is cool for the money, but it is not an amazing shop vac. It works for my water change needs.

Nice find....but tito-tell us, does it overflow the bucket or what when the bucket gets full?

HD/Lowes sells a brush kit that includes a reducer nozzle that takes the hose diameter down to about 1/2" and includes a couple extension pieces. This slows the suction down and allows you to vacuum detritus in the sump a bit longer before it fills up and shuts off.

This does look like it would do the trick. I wonder if is is only available online from HD?

Acroholic;514025 wrote: HD/Lowes sells a brush kit that includes a reducer nozzle that takes the hose diameter down to about 1/2" and includes a couple extension pieces. This slows the suction down and allows you to vacuum detritus in the sump a bit longer before it fills up and shuts off.

cool, I'll have to get one of those. Thanks!

Tony_Caliente;521785 wrote: Yes....I learned that last night the hard way. About 4 gallons on the new hardwoods. Fun!
Weird, I never had an issue with mine. Once it shuts off it no longer pulls water. It did however suck in the bucket walls.:D

I have one also, and like it a lot. Mine shuts off when the bucket is full. The only downside is that it fills the bucket fast, so you need to be pretty quick about positioning it near the detritus. However, I was unaware of the brsuh kit Acroholic mentioned, so I'll give that I try. Overall, it has made things easier.

Thanks for the thread Tony! I bought mine last weekend and it is AWESOME!! Mine only fills up about 3 gal or to the bottom of the filter thingy or maybe i just havent pushed it hard enough. Yeah it fills up too quick so you have to pre-plan and position yourself accordingly. great for cleaning out sumps, overflows, removing substrate, suck a crab or pest out from under a rock :unsure:.....I bet you could even catch a fish with it!!

Make sure you remove the blue filter that it comes with. I am just going to use it for the sump. I am going to a bare bottom tank and was using it to suck up a thin layer of crushed coral from theDT. Live and learn.

Back