Home Depot Bucket Head - anyone like it?

Tony_Caliente;521911 wrote: Are you talking to me? I don't think we met.
no just kidding i couldn't find an umbrella one day so I jus grabbed a home depot bucket and put it over my head

Tony_Caliente;521885 wrote: Make sure you remove the blue filter that it comes with. I am just going to use it for the sump. I am going to a bare bottom tank and was using it to suck up a thin layer of crushed coral from theDT. Live and learn.

that was the first thing i threw away - or at least tossed aside atm...

I grabbed some fitting and connected it to a 10 ft tube i had in the garage and managed to suck out all the red slime on the sandbed in a dead spot, worked amazing!!! it was actually fun - it got rid of some old sand ive been hating to look at

i wonder if i could cut the top off a rubbermaid and turn this into a 32 gal waste bucket - or does it all work on suction?

It was on sale a few months ago. Works well enough. A wet/dry vac is a must be for anyone in the hobby, because spills will and do happen.

I could be wrong but even if the vacuum motor isnt strong enough for more than 5 g all you need is the first few seconds to work as it will create a vacuum on its own, provided it can pull water all the way thru the tubing the first time. I turned the motor off and it kept going until I broke the siphon manually.

well, I tried running it without the bucket and that is a big no go..it needs the suction from the bucket to start the siphon. i guess i could start it in the bucket, turn the motor off and set the "bucket top" in a hole cut in the top of my rubbermaid. i would have to do it really quickly or id make a mess but it may beat trying with my manul siphon thingy that is a PITA to deal with

Why not cut a hole at the bottom of the bucket that you can cover with your hand, stick that in the rubbermaid, hit the switch, and when water hits, you can remove your hand and cut the power.

au01st;522656 wrote: Why not cut a hole at the bottom of the bucket that you can cover with your hand, stick that in the rubbermaid, hit the switch, and when water hits, you can remove your hand and cut the power.

Im glad one of us finished school :D

as long as i make the hole big enough so the water will drain faster than it fill that should work!

Back