Hooking up my RKE w/NET...will pay cash!

gnashty

Market
Reaction score
So, I took the plunge and purchased the Digital Aquatics RKE w/ NET and also added an SL2 with salinity probe. I am in the beginning stages of setting it up and let me tell you - IT IS NOT EASY!

The actual tank and controller functions are difficult to understand but in time, I will get the hang of it - no issues..

Its the NET functions and applications I am having a tough time dealing with. I havent done anything yet but just reading what needs to be done to set it up 1) wirelessly 2) accessible from outside your home, prove to be impossible without a degree in IT!! I also feel the instructions that came with it are so vague that much is left up to interpretation. DA has its own forum dedicated to questions and support and even that part is difficult to mentally grasp and you have to literally "search" for the answers on the forum. I understand the concept and why it is the way it is im just having a hard time understanding the order of things - update the firmware of the NET unit first, or the webpage update first, which IP address to port forward to etc...

I have stacks of printed posts and instruction manuals and it still seems way above my head at this point.

Anyone want to come set mine up? I will pay a flat fee for any takers - fee is very negotiable but lets start at $50 cash (plus some Hooters Gift Cards), shouldnt take long for a person who is very familiar with networking and IT. I would like it done this weekend. I can also provide transportation to and from my house if needed as well.

This is what I would need (not in any specific order):
1. NET Module and web page updated
2. Router Port forwarded
3. Dyndns account set up and configured
4. RSS Feeds set up and configured
5. Wireless Gaming Adapter (hooked to NET module) configured
6. Updating the Firmware on my SL2 (firmware released today)
7. Help me move my canopy into my garage (10 ft from tank, not heavy just takes 2 ppl)

I have all the information you will need for this - IP address, router and gaming adapter manuals etc..I prefer someone who 1.) knows what you are doing 2.) Has a RKE or RKL with NET set up already

Help a brother out!!!:D

Is Kevin Connelly still at Hooters? We went to High School together.

No, he left about 6-7 yrs ago - I hear he works for another concept now, I saw him in Chicago at a restaurant show about 3 yrs ago..

Anyone interested in offering up their services (for payment of course) please PM me or email me directly at mailto:gnash@hooters.com">gnash@hooters.com</a>. I am going to be somewhat selective on who I hire to do this so I get the right person for the job to get the best results.

[QUOTE=][B]gnashty;452067 wrote:[/B] So, I took the plunge and purchased the Digital Aquatics RKE w/ NET and also added an SL2 with salinity probe. I am in the beginning stages of setting it up and let me tell you - IT IS NOT EASY!

The actual tank and controller functions are difficult to understand but in time, I will get the hang of it - no issues..

Its the NET functions and applications I am having a tough time dealing with. I havent done anything yet but just reading what needs to be done to set it up 1) wirelessly 2) accessible from outside your home, prove to be impossible without a degree in IT!! I also feel the instructions that came with it are so vague that much is left up to interpretation. DA has its own forum dedicated to questions and support and even that part is difficult to mentally grasp and you have to literally "search" for the answers on the forum. I understand the concept and why it is the way it is im just having a hard time understanding the order of things - update the firmware of the NET unit first, or the webpage update first, which IP address to port forward to etc...

I have stacks of printed posts and instruction manuals and it still seems way above my head at this point.

Anyone want to come set mine up? I will pay a flat fee for any takers - fee is very negotiable but lets start at $50 cash (plus some Hooters Gift Cards), shouldnt take long for a person who is very familiar with networking and IT. I would like it done this weekend. I can also provide transportation to and from my house if needed as well.

This is what I would need (not in any specific order):
1. NET Module and web page updated
2. Router Port forwarded
3. Dyndns account set up and configured
4. RSS Feeds set up and configured
5. Wireless Gaming Adapter (hooked to NET module) configured
6. Updating the Firmware on my SL2 (firmware released today)
7. Help me move my canopy into my garage (10 ft from tank, not heavy just takes 2 ppl)

I have all the information you will need for this - IP address, router and gaming adapter manuals etc..I prefer someone who 1.) knows what you are doing 2.) Has a RKE or RKL with NET set up already

Help a brother out!!!:D[/QUOTE]

shoot me a pm I have it, I dont need payment I can talk you through the setup the only issue you may have is who you get your internet from as that can complicate it. Feel free to shoot me a pm.

Thanks for the update on Kevin.

Good luck with your net interface issue. I get into networking, but try to keep it down to just my home and work issues. There are a lot of folks on here that do it as their core skill.

You might contact Tim at Keen Reef about it. He sells them and probably knows how to hook them up, and he does maintenance, so this could fall under tank maintenance.

I saw him yesterday and bought my SL2 and salinity probe from him. We chatted a little about the set up. If all other roads hit a dead end I will reach out to him, don't think I'm at that point though. Thanks for the advice

Back