How do you introduce!!!!!!!!!!

grouper

Market
Reaction score
Thinking about getting a cooperband. What would be the best way to introduce it to a purple and yellow tang? I don't want the copperband to get killed. :yuk::eek:

Umm... just dont buy it. Copperbands have such a high mortality rate. They are super sensitive to everything. Even hard to get to eat at times. I suggest getting peppermints shrimps if it's a aptasia issue or another butterfly if u want a similar fish.

Copperband this is Purple and Yellow Tang.

Purple and Yellow Tang this is Copperband.

Make sure they shake fins, bow or curtsey.

I heard yellow tangs don't fare well with copperbands, right? If you need rock cleaned of aptasia then lee (Glxtrix) has a copperband. Bring him a rock and he'll clean it for you. Unless ou just wanted one to look at. Ever get those maroons outta your tank?

Some reefers have very good luck with these (I don't happen to be one of those people -- mine died).

I would PM Derek_S or flyingarmy and pick their brains.

By the way, I saw a tank full of these beautiful fish at Optimum Aquarium today.

Pay for it and some mysis. Get your lfs to hold it for 2 weeks and feed it those mysis. Bring it home and qt it while feeding it mysis and maybe trying fresh shellfish for it to nip at. Acclimate when it is seeming bold and healthy then add him in with the lights off for a day. If the tangs don't stop picking at it change the rocks around a little. Had the same prob with the same 2 tangs with the copperband in the restaurant 180 and the light thing did the trick. Eats mysis like I eat hot wings. Mmmmm wings

LDYBKR;274440 wrote: I heard yellow tangs don't fare well with copperbands, right? If you need rock cleaned of aptasia then lee (Glxtrix) has a copperband. Bring him a rock and he'll clean it for you. Unless ou just wanted one to look at. Ever get those maroons outta your tank?

Still have the maroons. She just laid more eggs.

Smoothie;274643 wrote: Pay for it and some mysis. Get your lfs to hold it for 2 weeks and feed it those mysis. Bring it home and qt it while feeding it mysis and maybe trying fresh shellfish for it to nip at. Acclimate when it is seeming bold and healthy then add him in with the lights off for a day. If the tangs don't stop picking at it change the rocks around a little. Had the same prob with the same 2 tangs with the copperband in the restaurant 180 and the light thing did the trick. Eats mysis like I eat hot wings. Mmmmm wings

So by changing the rocks around worked for you? Do you still have the copperband with the tangs? I like hot wings myself....

Linda Lee;274443 wrote: Some reefers have very good luck with these (I don't happen to be one of those people -- mine died).

I would PM Derek_S or flyingarmy and pick their brains.

By the way, I saw a tank full of these beautiful fish at Optimum Aquarium today.

So the tank had purple, yellow, and a copperband? I never been there.

Back