How long you've been in saltwater?

ouling

Market
Reaction score
Just want to know. I mean seriously all out addicted to the stuff; not just have a fish in some natrium cloride dissolved water.

First saltwater tank was set up 10 years ago this month, actually.

Did FW tanks before that since I was about 10.

I have been into Saltwater tanks since 2003.
I had a few SouthAmerican fishies before that.

I think my poll isn't stated correctly. What I mean is how long you had your current tank. I did saltwater since I was 15.

Into reefs since 1994 (wow - 13 years!), when I was at Georgia Tech. I still have a picture of my 56g around here somewhere, although not very impressive by today's standards.

Current tank setup in spring of 05, so 2 years old.

SShindell;51830 wrote: Salt water since 1983. 155 gallon since 2001, 400 gallon since late 2005.
Man, you're old. I didn't know they even had even invented salt water in 1983...
:tease:

My current livestock has been in continuous operation for 5 years. The tank has gone from 75g to 15g to 25g and now 40g, but much of it is the same livestock and the rock is the same.

Started marine in 1994 when in college. Current livestock set up 6 years ago September. Went from a 120 gallon to a 210 about a year ago.

2 years... would have been longer but I had a "Precision Aquarium" and we all know about those tanks.

Long enough to have bought a lexus by now!!!!

Real answer: off and on for 10 years but <1 year right now.

I have been into reefs since I was 10 so about 6 almost 7 years now. I have had my current tank for 10 months. 75 gallon and 30 gallon.

I have been reading salt books for about five or so years and have kept freshwater on/off since I was 8 or so. The tank I have now is less than a year old.

I've been in saltwater since just June 16th of this year.

(Well, actually the <u>fish</u> are in the SW ~ ~ I tend to hang out in oxygen)

:new:

Back